1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Skullz's Projects And Betas

Discussion in 'Projects' started by skullz613, Aug 30, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

adib4550 and mst.matias like this.
  2. toolbox642

toolbox642 Vagabond

I'm sorry if I missed anything really obvious, but no matter which map I download, the Google map overlay doesn't appear. I
    I put both files in the pak folder, and the map works, but the google overlay map doesn't appear. I have tried all the graphics settings as well as turning off Atmospheric Display and I have downloaded the XLNation_UserInterfaceMod...

so is there anything I am missing? Is there another folder I have to put the Google map in? I have windows 8 and play with steam and have the platinum version

thanks for any help!

3. kipate

kipate Governor

Try to put just one map file into the mods folder,
    then magic will happen ;)

pauliaxz likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Hats off to you, @Mr.X² , and welcome to the exclusive club of notoriously grumpy gentlemen :gru:

Mr.X² likes this.
  5. toolbox642

toolbox642 Vagabond

@kipate could you specify what you mean by just having one map in the pak (or is there a seperate mod folder)? Do you mean to remove all the maps, including the ones that came with the game, or just the ones i downloaded?

6. kipate

kipate Governor

It is all in the description. Those maps that skullz made with google overlays, they come as zipped files.
    And they have two patch files. And you only take on of them (the one with a google overlay) and put it into your mods folder.

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

As I say in all my Google overlay map posts,
    • Interchangeable Only use one patch file at a time
    When I say one patch file at a time I am talking about my map and not about anything else you have in your paks folder. You do not have to remove all your maps from your paks folder.

To make it simpler.

If you want to use the Google overlay then put XLN_skullz_Stockholm_GM_UIM_1.0.patch into your paks folder
    If you don't want to use the Google overlay then put XLN_skullz_Stockholm_UIM_1.0.patch into your paks folder

If you put both of the map files in the ZIP file into your paks folder the game will default to only one of them.

8. toolbox642

toolbox642 Vagabond

Thank you for clearing things up, I appreciate it! Btw I love the maps you made, keep up the good work!

9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Right.... Now I have got that pain in the backside map done of Istanbul, I will now start chewing through the list of maps I have to complete.

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Miguel mentioned that the Mall Parking mod by Eano was not place-able over water so I made a unofficial OWP version of his mod.
    owp parking.jpg
    Due to the file size I have had to use Mega
    https://mega.nz/#!6c81kKTR!_Te6FII0RtCxE1wiQYeRULcLDWDlRuDOff67yVYoMR4

If you use this one, make sure you remove the original mod or you will have doubles in your menu.
    Replacing the original one with the OWP one will not affect your existing car parks in your cities.

EDIT (02-Aug-2015)
    I have added a new link due to the 20x40 carpark not being OWP.

NOTE: This is only for XL

kipate likes this.
  11. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Umm resource uploads can be up to 80MB in the XLEX

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not in a post though. As it is Eano's mod, I posted it here in my project thread instead of in the resource area. I don't want to take credit for his work :)

13. mst.matias

mst.matias Unskilled Worker

Thank you very much for considering my maps. Maybe you could do a Latin's Capital pack.

14. Miguel

Miguel Governor

Thank you yo much. :b16::b2:

15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have not been around much as I have only internet on my phone where I am staying. I have not been able to do many maps but will have a couple to post in about a weeks time.
    I lost all my game saves the other day including my bootleg city. I tried a
    everything I could but in the end gave up. I started a new city to cheer myself up.
    As I was laying plazas down I tried the market plaza. I hate the paving used in the default one so I set about making some different versions. I may post these in the resource area at some point. See attached patch files.
    Plaza 1.jpg
    Plaza 2.jpg
    Menu.jpg

Attached Files:

Lokentaz, ЗуБР, BahadirB and 4 others like this.
  16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I had a map request by PM by jan303. Its a fantasy map and is slowly coming along
    tmp_19881-Jan_Request790599292.JPG

nicko2u, Pamascus27 and kipate like this.
  17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

nice

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

There is an old farm filler floating around somewhere for the default farms. I had been using it to fill in gaps between the livestock farms but for some unknown reason its vanished from my menu.
    I decided to make a small patch with just the livestock filler and make it OWP. It shows up in the textures menu. Now I know where it is. Feel free to use it.
    tmp_3769-livestock filler126649549.jpg

Attached Files:

kipate likes this.
  19. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I was getting ready to make some ponds and lakes in my city for the comp and remembered a new mod by Lex to make the job easy. I cant find it here though. Its in the steam workshop but of course only for XXL. I ripped it apart and made the changes needed to get it working on XL and hoped it worked.

I found it does so I'm putting it in my projects thread for others to play with. Its 40mb so heres a mega link
    tmp_4947-lex_water_mod_on_XL-2085532860.png
    https://mega.co.nz/#!WBEB1aAR!SAXk0CzYx-nMESQ9Nd24mZJlED6aHyNkzQ9NdE35kvs

Monty and kipate like this.
  20. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Hi Skullz. I'm curious. What's this mod about? I mean what does it do?