1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Skullz's Projects And Betas

Discussion in 'Projects' started by skullz613, Aug 30, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Lexs water mod adds some dig tools at 1m, 5m, 10m etc... and some new water plazas. Some have mosaics showing through the water. The other thing is a plug tool that you place in the area that you have dug out with his dig tools. It keeps the area down so you can place the water plaza.
    The steps are,
    Make the area you want with roads or paths.
    Fill the area with the dig tool plaza.
    Delete the dig tool plaza.
    Place the blue plug in the middle.
    Fill the area with a water plaza.
    Delete the plug.
    Fill the hole left from deleting the plug with the same water plaza.

Once you have used it a few times it becomes quick and easy to create water areas that are sunken down.

2. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Ok thanks man, i'm going to try it out.
    And thanks for converting this to older versions.

Is this the same lex that has made the greenery mod?

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yip its the same lex.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I needed some flat grass so I have been mucking around with a patch based on realcitys flat grass mod. I didnt like his grass though so I have used the one nicko called type 03. Its the same grass as the ingame wooded park. It works well so I might release a flat grass patch that covers all the types of grass found in the game and also include the wooded parks.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here is a unofficial beta release of the flat grass and wooded areas I have been mucking around with. I have tested it a little and it seems to do what was intended of it.
    What I have done is reworked Nickos grass , wooded forest areas and dry wooded forest areas (Don't hit me Nicko!) so the ground is put to absolute zero. This stops and grass from creeping up the side of bridges etc...
    cxl_screenshot_grasstest.jpg
    I have given them all a new thumbnail so they are easy to spot in the menu and no one will get mixed up. I also put them in the OWP menu.
    flatwood2.png
    flatwood.png

See the attached patch file.
    I have not tested it in XXL yet as I'm not at home.

Attached Files:

Lokentaz, Peter912, Spock and 2 others like this.
  6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I use a lot of trees in my farm areas for decoration and for wind breaks (shelter belts). The main one I use is the tulip poplar tree but I have never liked how tall it gets. I pulled apart lex's greenary mod and picked 8 trees I use the most and made adjustments to bring the max height down. I've made them so they dont replace the ones in his mod by renaming all the files and editing the class and layout files. I made new thumbnail icons and put them in the MS18 menu under trees. They work OK so I will post the patch later.

Myname likes this.
  7. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

This is a great idea skullz. I hope it also works with in game bridges.
    I always felt the need for some tree areas to flatening the terrain instead of climbing up at bridges.
    Going to try it.

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here is the 8 smaller trees as promised.

The trees are,
    • Italian Cypress
    • Lombardy Poplar
    • Sugar Maple
    • Sugar Maple (fall orange)
    • Sugar Maple (fall red)
    • Sugar Maple (fall yellow)
    • Sycamore
    • Tulip Poplar
    These are the thumbnails.
    skl_tree_Italian_Cypress.png skl_tree_Lombardy_Poplar.png skl_tree_Sugar_Maple.png skl_tree_Sugar_Maple_(fall,_orange).png skl_tree_Sugar_Maple_(fall,_red).png skl_tree_Sugar_Maple_(fall,_yellow).png skl_tree_Sycamore.png skl_tree_Tulip_Poplar.png

Here's where they are in the menu

menu.png

Here's the height differences.

cxl_screenshot_grasstest_3.png

It's not a huge difference but makes them a little more realistic in size. I think the sycamore tree might be to small but it suits what I wanted it for. I may do more work on a few other trees like the red flower tree which is way to big sometimes.

I also want to make new trees but need to find how to do it. I have xfrog trees and have imported them to 3DS Max but are unsure where to go from there.

The attachment max size is 2MB so I have had to put the patch on Mega. The patch file is 7.7MB

https://mega.nz/#!mIslWCaJ!I3vGju_zEvDK8O32Ph3lUqj07QL0SvyZwQ9hQeS2tuU

Peter912, Lokentaz, Spock and 2 others like this.
  9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Livestock Farm Filler v1.1

I was busy laying farms down today and had a close look at the livestock farm textures and noticed that the one I used in the filler was grass. The farm filler patch that has all the fillers also used the grass texture. The correct texture is detail_ground_01.png
    I remade my patch and have attached it if anyone wants it. It now matches perfectly with the livestock farm.

Attached Files:

Spock and kipate like this.
  10. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

This is late but nice parking lots skullz. any chance you could work on some parking garages in the future when you have spare time and aren't working on any other projects?

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I would love to but I have not learned to make buldings yet with 3DSmax

12. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

Me either... though I've always wanted to learn (still do) far as I know it's not possible without 3ds max 2012. Sadly the only way to acquire it now is torrents. I only have 3ds 2014 Design. Not sure if that works.

13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I think the tools have been updated to work with the latest 3ds max

14. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

u can use any 3d software that supports .fbx file format, so for example 3ds max 2015; but you gotta use the new exporter and someone told me mods created with that do only work in xxl.... never tried it out though

15. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

I'll give the updated stuff a try assuming it'll work with the Design version of 3dsmax.

I wouldn't feel right making mods just for XXL.

Thanks for the replies

16. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you guys can send yor finished models to someone who still has max2012 for exporting, just takes a minute, so no big deal

17. rippach

rippach Unskilled Worker

Hi skullz,

I've been trying to make some of the bridges work in my city but the plazas always gave me a headache. For some they worked fine and for some they snapped to the street on the bridge. The flat plazas prevent them from doing that, but I have the problem that the plazas don't fill the area under those bridges (as I said, just for some bridges). It looks like this:

opxsobl7.jpg

I thought it was a bridge problem but people suggested that it's rather a plaza problem. Do you know if it is and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks

Myname likes this.
  18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not that I know of. I have seen other players mention this problem also. It could be a bridge issue.
    I have seen a bridge before that let the flat plaza under it but cant remember which one. If I can find what lets the plaza under it might be a simple code adjustment. On the otherhand the 3ds model files might need adjusting.

19. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

After making a copy of the livestock farm and taking the buildings and actors out, I did the same with Nicko's wheat farms. I will have to get his permission to share them though before I post them in my project thread. You can have them along side his normal ones as I have renamed the files inside the patch.
    I will post pictures soon.

20. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I seem to be spending most of my time making mods than building my competition city.
    I've just made a new livestock farmfiller but this one has the trees and piles on it. I will release it soon.

Mr. Sky likes this.