1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Skye City

Beyond your imagination

1. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

XOUSTE 提交了一个新资源:

Skye City - Beyond your imagination

查看此资源...

2. Slbmarcos

Slbmarcos Vagabond

3. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

kipate likes this.
  4. Slbmarcos

Slbmarcos Vagabond

tnks a lot :DD

5. kipate

kipate Governor

@Followyourheart, it was probably the creator's plan to have so many tall buildings? ;)

6. Followyourheart

Followyourheart Unskilled Worker

Maybe

7. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, maybe take the following advice by me:

1) what's the theme of the city? Shall it be a science fiction city, shall it be a realistic city in country *insert country name here*, shall it be a fantasy city?

Often, you can clearly see that a city shall be a sci-fi city, especially XOUSTE's cities can be considered as sci-fi cities. But whatever the theme is, it should fulfill your expectations.

It is like watching a sci-fi movie in the cinema: there must be something different than in the current reality. Often, sci-fi cities contain many skyscrapers, as those tall buildings have only a small base, hence they don't waste too much space. Of course, that must not always be the case.

Or if you watch a thriller, you want to feel the tension at some point. If the whole atmosphere indicates it is a thriller, but then the dialogues suddenly are indicating a comedy, something's wrong, not?

2) is the city generally good? Are some things not making any sense at all, or similar. Of course, history has shown that some things happen albeit they look impossible at first :)

And then make up your rating ;)

So maybe that helps you when rating a city. And always have in mind that not anything can be done in XXL/XL :D

XOUSTE likes this.
  8. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Don't worry,my next city will MAYBE not that much of high-rises ,i think you will like it;)

9. Followyourheart

I don't consider building so many high building is wise decision

10. Followyourheart

I just don't like this city

11. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, then you don't need to rate it :)

Lillysky likes this.
  12. Followyourheart

Oh? Maybe xlnation can just only set one solo "5 star "option to rate! Maybe.

13. kipate

kipate Governor

Ah, the irony is strong with this one. But let me ask you this: let's take the field of arts, a broad field. It really is. And especially regarding painting, you have quite a variety. But you could distinguish for example between the baroque paintings and the paintings of the impressionism. Now, one of them you will like more, so you do go to the musea containing more of these paintings, not? :)

Lillysky likes this.
  14. Followyourheart

You have the right to like this city and I have the right to dislike. Right?

Drazicdesign and Mr.X² like this.
  15. kipate

kipate Governor

Yes, and you can visit a museum with paintings you dislike and write a review and post it on Google. Like "I really don't like this style, such a waste of my time!" Guess what will be the first thing you will hear afterwards?

Lillysky and Drazicdesign like this.
  16. Followyourheart

I think I have the right to give any city 3 ★ because no city is perfect.
    Btw, there is not a Glee feast in Xlnation.

17. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Lillysky likes this.
  18. Followyourheart

19. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

I'm really appreciate @kipate 's explanation for why high buildings are all over Skye city. And,yes @Followyourheart you also HAVE the right to rate 3 stars for my CJ ,its totally FINE and i'm totally OKAY with it cause why not? You just don't into this type of city for some reasons and no one is forcing you to rate 5 stars to any city that you dislike.

high-rises in Skye city is what i PLAN to do and i think is a good idea to tell friends here that "city full of high-rises can also be beautiful".Anyway,this city was inspired by Dubai and so many interesting city around the world or some example in the movies ,i built for 3-4 month and pretty satisfy with it.So it is kinda eye-catching that you dislike it and gave me 3 stars while so many folks here gave 5 stars instead.

Oh,please,i'm not some kind of people who only satisfy the rating of the CJ,i'm the people who cares about someone is willing to give me more suggestions instead of giving 2 stars and said,Errr,ugly city.Well,yeah ,you dislike high-rises,i got it, and thanks for the 3 stars .But you know what,i still LIKE high-rises in this city,and yes,i also HAVE the right to place them anytime anywhere ,SO how can placing high-rises in our own city is not a wise decision (according to your reply it seems like you want me to believe that )?

20. kipate

kipate Governor

Hey, @Followyourheart, I am not saying that it should be forbidden to rate a city journal when you do not like the style. But I hope you agree with me that it is a bit frustrating for the creator when he cannot do anything about it.

Given the case that you may not like the style, but you do not totally dislike the city (as in this case with the 3 stars rating), it could be better to point out the things you like, too. Maybe the road layout, maybe the parks, maybe all the little elements along the esplanades. It is just my point of view, and you do not have to agree with it :) ;)

Drazicdesign and XOUSTE like this.