1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Small Parking Lot V1.1

Small parking lot to place along the streets

1. Miguel

Miguel Governor

I can't find the mod in game. Where is it supposed to be found?!

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Read the new update details for the new menu location.

3. Miguel

Miguel Governor

ah ok. Thank you. (y)

4. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

well..that explain why so many update tab notes, lol

Register or to view Spoiler content!

5. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

:D:D:D:D

I forgot this one:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

:love:

Nogerivan and skullz613 like this.
  6. Kurtis Edwards

XXL is up and running great. This is an ABSOLUTELY crucial mod to anyone who gives a wee bit about how their cities look...... we know where my question is going. LOL Not pushing for quickness, just wanna know if an XXL version is in the works or whatnot?

7. Kurtis Edwards

I really hope my question wasn't in the update tab. FINGERS CROSSED*

8. Kara

Kara Unskilled Worker

I didn't know how to make a comment on this forum, so I am just doing so on this quote. I really do like this mod, it is amazing to watch how many cars utilize the parking spaces.

I am new to this game, I waited several years for it to come down in price and I am glad that I did. I think the mods for this game are very well thought out for the purposes they are intended for. Now there just needs to be a large parking lot.

I like the idea that these small ones can be set in locations that one wouldn't think about, I managed to have them in a few yards of houses. Oh, and the fact that you included handicapped spaces, and no car will park there, lol. That is ingenious.

Now you need to make a meter so that we can collect revenue from parking spots. Again, kudos for such a thoughtful mod.

kipate likes this.
  9. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

Welcome Kara, if you search mods directory both on xl and xxl mods, you will find some large ones as well. Even if they are just in the xl mods they will work with xxl.

Kara likes this.
  10. Kara

Kara Unskilled Worker

I found them last night, thank you for the advice though.

Sometimes the small parking lots suffice when there is limited space. But I love how the game uses all the parking spaces. I also downloaded the street mod with side parking, which makes so much sense as we have that in real life in neighborhoods. Now my new game is slow growing in population which gives me time to plan zones instead of just frantically plopping them down anywhere.

I also discovered that farms can be built across avenues. That was an awesome discovery because I was able to have open road and transportation without needing so many side roads.

By the way, is there a mod that reduces traffic lights at intersections with side roads? That isn't normal in real life. I grew up in farm country in rural Ohio and agricultural roads never have traffic lights. The game treats every intersection as needing traffic lights when it is not really necessary.

11. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

There is a mod called Trolcas Roads which adds roads without traffic lights. Not sure if there's some other options available, but i think Drazic USA roads also adds some without traffic lights (not sure though).

Kara likes this.
  12. Kara

Kara Unskilled Worker

You have made my day with this information. Thank you for telling me about them. :)

13. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Drazic made upgrade roads in the USA pack that are darker and have only stop signs. Just wish there was a no lamp post version as well.

Kara likes this.
  14. Kara

Kara Unskilled Worker

I agree, the street lights should be for urban only. I am looking for these mods now. It seems the one is only for XXL.

15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah your correct. Not sure if Drazic can make it compatible with XL.

16. Kara

Kara Unskilled Worker

I think that is my problem, I downloaded the XXL mod version thinking it was XL.

One tab in game for roads is greyed out but the others work just fine. Overall, I like XL Nation better than Simtropolis, at least here the modders show where something is located. I don't know how to make mods, but I sure appreciate those who can.

17. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

drazics usa roads do work perfectly in xl Transportation - USA Road Pack - XXL just make sure to install the required dependency first Dependency - Tags.cfg (the others as well of course^^)
    bout trolcas bare roads, couldnt find them here.. i uploaded a file for you that might be it: Trolca_skl_Roads_1.1[BETA].patch
    (not sure if theres a conflict between drazics usa roads and trolcas bare roads.. well at least for me its working with both files :D )

Kara likes this.
  18. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Mr.X² likes this.
  19. Kara

Kara Unskilled Worker

I managed to get it unlocked by the "cheat" function of unlocking all buildings in expert mode. I am trying to figure out how to make the connections connect to the highways.

Thank you for those other links to mods.

20. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

What do you mean? Are you talking about the connections between roads and the end of the map?
    Highways will work just as normal roads...
    A little tip: if you pause the game you can set as many connections as you like before destroying the purple radius to build connections.