1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

speeding up the ground level camera?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by bluejeans, Jun 3, 2015.

1. bluejeans

bluejeans Vagabond

I like zooming in on roads at ground level and scrolling along them with the arrow keys to "drive" them, but the arrow keys are way too slow. Is there any way to speed it up? I've noticed on dirt roads, it seems to be a bit quicker.

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I only have that issue when my roads have lots of trees along their edges. Most likely its my graphics card fault as its not that great.

3. bluejeans

bluejeans Vagabond

I think what you're describing is a low framerate. My scrolling is perfectly smooth, it's just slow, like a car going 15 mph.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah your right. Dont think theres a way to speed it up.

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I would like to see a new patch by FHI that gives multi view camera angles.
    it's dooable, there is even a mod out there that does this, but has some issue with shadows. Surely they can fix?

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thats the dsr camera patch that has shadow issues. Theres a member on here that made some changes to it to fix the shadow issues plus other things. Maybe some changes can be made for the speed? I would look but its 2:00am and my PC is off. Ill have a look at it later.

7. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Hold up arrow and move your mouse to the upper edge of the screen, the speed will be 2x times bigger than only holding up arrow.

8. bluejeans

bluejeans Vagabond

Thanks! I also figured out that the default scrolling speed is about 100 kph (10kmx10km map, I drew a straight road from one end to the other and timed how long it took to scroll - just under 6 mins - *10 = 60 mins, so 100 kph)

9. Kurtis Edwards

I forget the names of the camera modes, but the one that doesn't allow for street view will work like the elevation does on Google Earth, your direction and angle will determine your rise/run, using the crtl+arrows to change orientations. I know in that camera mode i think it moves way too fast.

10. Kurtis Edwards

Oops, I think I am using a camera mod myself... disregard my comment. LOL