1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions Appreciated :-)

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by Inan, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Inan

Inan Governor

OK folks, i need your opinion, please. The picture below shows South Point, it's about 1/2 finished. I don't want to post unfinshed pics on my CJ, so i post it here. Please give your critical opinion so far, i also need suggestions what to do with the empty area you see on the left. I'm a bit out of creativity. Thanks :)
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Drazicdesign, Miguel and Veknor like this.
  2. APXHTEKTON

APXHTEKTON Unskilled Worker

that looks real :D

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah that looks pretty cool. For the empty space, maybe a big university campus with hospitals and sports grounds.

Inan likes this.
  4. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks Funky, that's an option indeed. Why haven't i thought of that? :D
    I just have to find a way to execute it in the rural area... Interesting :)

The Funky Monk likes this.
  5. kipate

kipate Governor

Maybe some more ministries in that area?
    I mean, it was the capital city, it should have lots of governmental buildings, not?
    Ministry of Defense could be located a bit outside the town, think about the Pentagon,
    it is not even part of Washington DC...
    Or maybe you relocate the airport and show some kind of work in progress?
    So your citizens were more satisfied again...
    What about some kind of really really large Disney World?
    You got Neuschwanstein Castle and some leasure mods, this could really become great.
    Especially as the city itself looks rather boring...with a resort and stuff.
    If you try hard, it will look awesome...
    Or maybe some large cemetery, to honour the soldiers that died in some fictional war...
    What about some mining zones for Uranium?
    Or some large convention center?
    Or some Peace Park, with many grassy area and some weird statue in the center?
    Or the area of some special church, the South Point Church of True Baptists,
    with a religious eductaion center and stuff, and some mega complex to pray,
    using some custom and no-collision stuff...
    Or maybe a statue to honour the truly awesome and creative kipate... oh wait, I do not need that,
    anybody knows it already :D :p

Inan likes this.
  6. Kurtis Edwards

Make a university town oriented towards the main city. I love outskirt schools that can support a district/neighborhood.

Inan likes this.
  7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Not sure what you can put there, maybe farms? Anyway, I think it's a awesome city you have there.

Inan likes this.
  8. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

A campus on the upper-left corner would fit nicely indeed. The main entrance could be oriented towards the avenue and entrances around the roads acting as secondary links to the city. Pick another road type to lay the roads inside with ped paths crossing the campus.

Also, replace the high density forest plazas in the mountain with fewer trees as you go high. Let the high density forest at the bottom of the mountain. A small touch that would make it look even more realistic.

Inan likes this.
  9. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks for your hints! So a university campus has been suggested commonly, i will do that. I also like the idea of a military use and a cemetery, although plopping single graves several 100 or maybe 1000 times can be very very painful... :dm10:
    I'll also try bobqwerty's suggestion with the mountain-forest :)

10. kipate

kipate Governor

There was a mod by Ezekh were you get some graveyard, will also look good!
    No offense, but wasn't a university campus a little bit boring?
    And also, wasn't the area a bit too large for a common university?
    I mean, how many students will study there? The area covers about
    three fourth of a square kilometer? With that, you can have a campus for over 50,000 students.
    Wasn't that a bit much for a small city?

11. FussionM

FussionM Executive

Very nice city @Inan great details!... Campus is a good idea, but does your city have its signature airport and trade area?

12. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

New Haven has a small population and has Yale university. Cambridge has a small population and has Cambridge university.