1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

[Temp] XenForo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'XLNation Site Questions, Problems and Suggestions' started by Alex24, Aug 20, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ouch! that's a hefty price. Hopefully the transfer to phpBB will go smoothly.

2. Ole

Ole Executive

Goodmorning guys, good to see you here, Skullz and Funky :)

3. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Good evening Ole.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Its a good evening for me :) Currently 6:45pm.
    Going to go and stretch my legs for an hour with a walk in a bit. Been working on maps for most of the day.

5. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Good afternoon guys (currently 3:30 pm here). I am in love with this new site! Cleaner design, status updates, you can like other's post and status and a lot of cool stuffs I don't know yet! Let's not forget that feature where we can also IGNORE people! :D

EDIT: I might consider contributing to the donation pack if there will be to support this site. :)

6. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

XLNation (the main site) has been giving me all kinds of trouble this morning. I have been forced to restart the server numerous times and the poor sever is just being thrashed. Not caused by XenFORO btw

7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Funky Monk brought up an interesting point regarding the new XLEX (Resource Manager) here in a different thread. Currently I set the permissions such that a resource owner cannot delete a resource once its created. Should Resource Owners be allowed to delete their resources. Should moderators be allowed to delete resources? How is that handled in XLNation currently? How would everyone feel if a member got upset and then deleted all the resource content they had created?

8. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

On the other site we can edit/delete pretty much everything. I think moderators should be able to delete things. For resource owners it wouldn't bother me if they could or couldn't. If they couldn't they can always contact a mod to delete it if they want.

9. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Moderators should now be able to:
    1. View Deleted Resources
    2. Delete Resources by Anyone
    3. Undelete Resources
    4. Hard-Delete Resources by Anyone
    5. Delete Resource Reviews by anyone
    6. Edit Resource Reviews by anyone
    7. Reassign Resources
    8. View Moderated Resources
    9. Approve / Unapprove Resources
    10. Feature / Unfeature Resources
    11. Give Warnings on Resources

Make sure they work boys and girls

10. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I could do most things except delete my resource. Told me I didn't have permission.

11. Monty

Monty Governor

I think resource owners should be allowed to delete resources. For example if you want to update the patch and want to delete the old one. In the old site you can delete uploaded files, though you can't delete XLEX entries.

And a question to Moderators: Is there a reason why you lock threads instead of deleting them when they are pointless or whatever? I think it's better to delete them, so the crap doesn't pile up in the forums. There are some locked XLEX entries too.

12. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I lock a thread so the person knows what he did wrong, usually with the intention of deleting it later on. I'll go through and delete a few now I suppose.

13. Monty

Monty Governor

Makes sense, thanks.

14. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Resource owners have the option to "update" their patches with newer versions. Take a look at the resource area and create a resource. Heck just add a photo. Its important you guys become familiar with all this so you can answer community questions later when more folks show up

15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

IcyHot wack in a PayPal Donate button somewhere, im sure some nice peeps will start donating some mulla to your account - even it's just small amounts. It all adds up, and maybe you can purchase some other cool modules.

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Theres some good donation addons availible. One I used was GP Donations. Shows a progress bar on the front page

17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Are they PayPal addons or go through another payment gateway?

PayPal is friendly and trusted by a lot more people, payPal have simple button widgets you can easily add.

18. Monty

Monty Governor

Yep, I'd go with PayPal too. It's easy and safe, you don't have to give your credit card info. And more imporantly people all over the world knows it.

nicko2u likes this.
  19. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Hey guys. Love the new look... I would also like for XL Nation to move forward into this kind of a site.
    Will the rest of the site also change the look (XLEX, CJ's etc.)
    Also, how will the CJ section work? I don't see a spoiler option. Or am I just blind? It will be a pain to scroll up and down if there are lots of pics in a post...

I can add my upcoming mod for the donation pack if there will be one.

20. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

I have one almost finished as well ;)