1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

[Temp] XenForo Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'XLNation Site Questions, Problems and Suggestions' started by Alex24, Aug 20, 2014.

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

A1: The resource manager is part of the XenFORO database, though it has its own tables separate from the Forums. The Resource Manager is developed and supported by the developer of XenFORO. They will always be developed and maintained together and always remain compatible.

A2: Migration of the Drupal forums to XenFORO forums will be to the existing XenFORO database just setup. I am paying a third party vendor to migrate the forums. They have successfully migrated old Drupal Platforms to XenFORO, with Web Admins giving high praise. They will also prune and migrate the user database. Users who have not been to XLNation in over a year will be removed. Moderators of the existing XLNation are deleting some old threads (the Counting Threads for example) to reduce the cost of migration.

The City Journals will not be migrated in the first wave. They are special and the vendor will have to determine the cost needed to move them. The XLNation community will need to raise the funds for that transfer. I will keep the old website running with "read only" access for the XLEX and City Journals until we can move it to the new site. Once everyone is happy the old site will go offline though I will have backups in case we missed something.

The transfer will be seamless with no domain or URL changes for users

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Its just that in my experience when you do a migration, it's usually to an empty database as your cloning the old into the new. If anything is setup in the new database, it will be over written.

3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I should have mentioned that all the new Forums here will be cleared prior to migration.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I noticed that the Resource Manager creates its own tables into the database.
    hfrnmgdh.glb.jpg
    I can't remember if any existing tables like this will be OK in a migration. I think they might be.

5. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

They will be fine. The only tables being impacted will relate to the forums and userids. The migration will take 4 to 5 days to ensure we get it right and don't muck up stuff.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just found something missing that not all of you probably used but is was handy on the old XLN. The horizontal line :cry:

7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks I added it to the list of things to figure out

8. vipklerri

vipklerri Executive

IcyHot Thanks a lot for the new site, and to all those who helped.
    Already last year the site was never really where not written. But then decided that it would be necessary. Now strongly absorbed in the simulation.
    On site there is a change of language. Of these, there is even a Russian, uraaa))))

9. vipklerri

vipklerri Executive

The truth is not all in Russian. But something. (y)(y)(y)

10. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I can add more languages if needed

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just noticed one thing missing..... the favicon

12. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

When we get down to things like this, I know my life is complete :rolleyes: . It was bugging me as well.