1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
?

Which font should we use? (testing polls)

Poll closed Aug 27, 2014.
  1. Arial

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  2. Georgia

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Courier New

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. other

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe just two options. A light one and then a dark one for those who prefer that. Sometimes looking at a white background for ages strains your eyes.

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You have a good point. Probably best to stick to one style.

3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I agree with Funky maybe two or even three styles - light, mid, dark. I would prefer somewhere in the middle. off white, light greys all those boring colors graphics designers hate :)

and stuff paying $40 for a theme rip, can probably just edit the CSS colors yourself.

4. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

There's heaps of free ones.

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yeah i just noticed those free themes :) I kind of like this theme, but as you said must make the page color an off white maybe - full on white is a bit to much.

6. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Those type of changes are really easy btw

7. Monty

Monty Governor

I think there should be only one theme. And I think dark themes with dark background even tho they are very nice they tend to make your eyes tired more quickly than bright themes. Something like gray and blue... I don't know. I'm not too fond of flashy things.

8. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

The theme should be either light gray or white.....not something that indeed tires your eyes. Not dark green or this kind of blue at all, those two always tired me. The fonts - Arial at all

9. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I think the theme should be light gray or white. Or maybe we can change the color of the border like in the other XLN to dark grey or something else if that is possible.

10. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Isn't there some easy basic features in admin area to change colors, thought I seen skullz post a screenshot? Maybe IcyHot first just start with changing the main page background color to an offwhite or very light grey color, then see what other options there are.
    Even start a new thread about it, with a few Polls. I just hate over the top dark bright colors :) and we shouldn't have to buy a theme, some are free of course. I'm sure you can even create your own full blow theme, but probably not needed, just a few tweaks here and there is all that is needed.

Peter912 likes this.
  12. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I will update this theme for now to lower the white a bit

13. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Testing a youTube

14. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Try color #E5E5E5 Icy :)

15. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Used #EBEBEB not quite as dark but want to make sure the lighter black text is not washed out. Let me know what you think

16. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Not bad however I think you can make the theme white but the border surrounding the main body look like the one in XLN(the old version).
    And my eyes feels more comfortable with this colour.

17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I like it, it looks like one of those ebook readers, much easier on the eyes already. +1 from me,

18. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

You mean the left right sections of the page content area. I think that is the outer body background color?
    make it same color as the header logo black, I guess that might give it a nice frame of some sort. Try that Icy main body black?

19. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Yeah the spaces on the left and the right of the page content area, like in the old XLN.

20. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

I like the new color, it´s kind of better than the XLN one. And yeah, they body color black opnion is worth a try.