1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Texture

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Jarekk, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Jarekk

Jarekk Vagabond

I have a problem with textures in the game - after a few minutes of gameplay half did not upload the textures so that they look ugly buildings, and cars are black boxes, even at maximum zoom camera. This problem occurs for a few days, before it was all good.

I would add that this mod Uploader - http://xlnation.city/resources/no-more-box-cars.1045/

But I do not know if it has something to do, because if I remove it, the problem does not go away.

Sorry for my English, I use google translator.

2. Jarekk

Jarekk Vagabond

Sorry, this message applies Cities XL, not Cities: Skylines

3. signum_temporis

signum_temporis Skilled Worker

Probably it is issue caused by your hardware - problem with not enough memory for loaded resources. What is configuration of your comp?

4. Jarekk

Jarekk Vagabond

But before that, for larger cities, it was all ok

My configuration:

i5 2500k (4,5 ghz)
    hd 7970
    8gb ram
    asrock p67 pro3
    modXstream-pro 700W

I will also add that the texture after a few minutes alone to fix

5. Jarekk

Jarekk Vagabond

I will also add that the texture after a few minutes to repair by themselves for the next several minutes again spoil

6. signum_temporis

Weird. Your comp seems to be good to run CXL. What is population of your city when this effect appears? Really big cities can cause problems.

7. Jarekk

Jarekk Vagabond

8. veija2

veija2 Mayor

If you are using cities xl, try running the mod manager to scan for conflicts. It looks like you have one.

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

what you see in the second picture is lod4 of a building...
    try clearing the shadercache before you start playing, thats the only workaround (even though it doesnt guarantee it will solve the problem)

10. Jarekk

Jarekk Vagabond

I've tried to clear shadercache, but still bad.

Thank you very much for your help, I will try to fix it somehow. All the best

11. signum_temporis

I know similar looking issue from different game - try to reinstall graphics card's driver.

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have had this happen a few times and after clearing the shadercache the problem would still remain. I now clear the shadercache at every start and have only had it happen one more time. The issue seems to just go away at some point.
    Try starting a new city and throw down a few buildings and see what happens.