1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL That old problem with vehicles appearing as boxes...

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Willer Bononi, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

Anybody else having this issue ? I just used a park road and the cars from a distance become boxes... it seems that the old same problem with older versions of Cities XL is present with Cities XXL.

2. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Willer Bononi likes this.
  3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yeah seems to be same for me, mod seems to do stuff all mostly in xxl

4. veija2

veija2 Mayor

I haven't had any problems with this mod in xxl.

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

maybe its a graphics cards issue or something? stuff knows.

6. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

Thanks Pamascus27, it works so far so good.

I think FHM just made a face-lift job with Cities XXL, because everything seems to be the same. Surely the game is more fluid, but I didn't built a huge city so far, so who knows.

7. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

I'm not sure it can be a card issue, I have a nvidia GTX 980 4GB DDR5 and an i7 and 16 GB RAM. I run all the latest games in ultra specs with no problems. I'm not an expert, I just remember Cities XL having this issue a long time ago. Luckly that old mod seems to be solving the issue ! ;)

8. timofp

timofp Executive

It's not really a bug, it's intentionally, when you zoom out a less complex object gets shown so your system doesn't get stressed to much drawing all these cars.

But I agree, it's a bit too fast they become boxes. You can changed this however in the config file like they did in the mod you mentioned. However, it's very drastic there, with a little bit of tweaking you can change that.

9. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

it looks like the buildings also changes LOD a bit faster...

You mean FHI? FHM is magazine...lol

Supersnake likes this.
  10. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

Good point! Nice lapsus... or Willer knows something about the women who work for FHI. If they look like the babes of FHM it could explain why their coworkers haven't solved the car boxes "issue".

11. Willer Bononi

Willer Bononi Executive

:LOL::LOL::LOL: I wish I knew that much about FHI... I guess if there are any babes at FHI, they should be on FHM instead !

12. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The no box car mod for XXL worked for me but I found it made my PC work even harder and this effected the game play. Scrolling in and out made the game jumpy.

Supersnake likes this.