1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

The Crime And Leisure Add-on (clm) v3.90

adds complex changes to the commercial aspect of Cities XL

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

The Crime and Leisure Add-on (CLM) - adds complex changes to the commercial aspect of Cities XL

Read more about this resource...

2. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

This was difficult to pull together from cache files of the instructions. All the patch files are now contained in a .zip file. If any patches were missed let me know and I will find them in the backup files from the OLD XLNation

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  3. Steven H. Endermann

Yes, this mod increases the retail demand, but you can never get the demand high enough. Getting the demand high enough is simply IMPOSSIBRU!

4. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I put this mod in my city of 1.4m. I had good security coverage with green roads in all areas. After installing this mod, all my security satisfaction is red everywhere. I put in 10 times as many police stations and police headquarters buildings so there's one every 4 blocks and the security satisfaction is still all red even after removing the leisure buildings emitting the crime. All my retail buildings are going broke because of the crime, but I have no buildings emitting crime, police stations everywhere and still red security satisfaction. Any suggestions?

5. activetang

activetang Vagabond

I have the same problem, the only way to satisfy security demand is to place the Mutlipurpose stations, anything less does no good. I placed about ten security headquarters in a relatively small city center and security satisfaction was unchanged.

6. Chumbly

Chumbly Unskilled Worker

Ditto with me. My cities are failing because of crime. It's a good idea, but, sadly, it doesn't work.

7. Steven H. Endermann

My cities are always red with crime, even with over 9.000 police headquarters and multipurpose stations. On my newer cities, I do not kill myself with police stations. I place a few police headquarters with heliports next to them, and then some green space around the stations for Apache helicopters to put. There are no police brutality laws in my city!

http://xlnation.net/resources/air-force-pack.530/

8. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

This worked for me as I have CXL Platinum. When installing the UIM, change the Destination Folder to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum, not the default C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011. Go for custom install and check the CLM box for Entire features installed. I also checked the HEM option box as well. Once I did this, my city crime went from completely red to mostly green with a few red hotspots around bars and clubs etc. So it's working properly.

9. Steven H. Endermann

That actually worked. Thank you. My really big club and my brothel emit red, so there is nothing that I can do there.

Thank you to my friend Foster, for showing me what to do.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  10. kristiadi

kristiadi Vagabond

i dont understand about holiday hotel,, it always broke out.. help please..

11. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Steven,
    Do you know if this works with XXL? I see new buildings in the Entertainment section of Leisure which XXL doesn't have. I'm wondering if this would be worth trying since it's a dependency mod for the Civic Service Mod. I saw you have that mod and commented positively about it.

I also wonder how to install if I don't have CXL Platinum. Is there a way to install without UIM but getting the CLM Entire features function to work properly? Any help would be most appreciated.

12. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Some buildings will crash the game, sometimes causing the city to disappear from the game menu.
    Be sure to use a "test" city if you decide to try it out.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  13. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Thanks for the sage advice about using a test city, or backing up all save files to another location just in case. I saw someone say that the Civic Services Mod works in XXL but never really explained if he got the two dependency mods to work in XXL also. This Crime mod plus the Health one would be nice to have so that the Civic Service one works properly. Looks like those three would really improve how things work for the game, making it more realistic. I'm probably going to hold off on the trio for now hoping someone can explain how to get all 3 running properly in XXL if at all possible.

14. ronrn

ronrn Governor

It's my understanding that the community mod is basically the same, or at least has many of the same files as the UIM.
    The 2 base mods in the CLM may work as described, I've just never successfully gotten that far with testing it.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  15. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    I did see that the Community mod has many of the things the UIM had but I don't recall being able to do any kind of install to check the CLM and HEM boxes. Looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet and give them a try.

16. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    I got this and the HEM mod installed as well as the Civic Services mod. Since I deleted all 3 of my old cities to give my mods a complete makeover I decided to give these a try to see how they work in XXL. I can see many of the buildings from the CSM but the new Entertainment section of the Leisure button didn't appear, so none of those buildings did either. I may have lost a few along the way but I've gained too many to worry. I didn't install the UIM, figured that might really confuse the XXL Community Mod.

I'll have to build my new city and watch for the effects. I have many of the XL change mods by Rene that will seriously boost retail. It's going to be fun to see the overall effects of all of these XL mods on XXL. I'll be showing this off in my next videos.