1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

The Inlet, City Building Contest

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by IcyHot, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kipate

kipate Governor

Fabulous entry, @Kaiman ! Hope you will show a CJ, too, soon ;)
    I do love the gardens, they are as detailed as in reality. Only thing I would have wished for was a bit more geometry within, e.g. some straight roads to the chateaus and palaces, but just a minor point :)

Kaiman likes this.
  2. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

Thank you. Maybe I will make CJ, but my city is so slow now, that i am not able to take screenshot consist of larger area, SAT picture or aerial picture - > plazas doesn´t show trees and building has no details(trees furniture). City have 1,5M citizens but i coverd all map with fields and wood plazas thats why it is so slow.

3. Wibi

Wibi Elite

A slight chance I may have to withdraw. My game keeps crashing 1 minute after loading the map. Haven't removed any mods, cities or anything. #facepalm

4. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

@Wibi Oh my god, That modern structures from archs are wonderful, absolutly absolutly awesome. Congrats!(y)

Wibi likes this.
  5. RedZone19

RedZone19 Mayor

@Kaiman I liked your gardens so much. It's a shame that such places do not exist in RL, or else I'd take a walk with my dog. :love:

See bad habits can ruin your life, mine's called last second syndrome. I am used to a pattern that I'd not start working till the very last moment, the last time where I had to hand-in my art portfolio for uni application I'd almost fucked it up, cause of lateness, again. I ain't sure if it's just my gene or my personality or whatever dafuk it is :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Kaiman likes this.
  6. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

@RedZone19
    WOW, your city is TOP, like it much, i will vote for.(y)

RedZone19 likes this.
  7. CraCkeR JaCk

CraCkeR JaCk Elite

Amazing work everyone. such creativity and splendid use of mods and photo submissions makes the wheels rotate in ones head for the next CBC.

8. Inan

Inan Governor

Fantastic submissions, folks! So much variety and different styles, that's how a competition should be like! @RedZone19 Hyperrealistic! Very, very good, i can't stop watching your edited pics, especially that photoshopped birdview picture. Will you finish this city/map?
    @Kaiman your parks are really outstandingly creative, never seen that before! Congrats! Also @Kitsunebi shows us a great Amsterdam remake, amazing idea with that "grachten"! Everyone did a good job, i am curious! :)

Kaiman likes this.
  9. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

It was tough choosing 10 best screens for the competition so I will be posting the ones I did not enter into a basic CJ.
    I was not happy with some of the layout but I had done to much work to bulldoze it all as I manually place every building in my cities. I don't use zoning.

10. Wibi

Wibi Elite

Am I the only one here that can't stop staring at @Pepino Alba International Airport. My god, genius use of the buildings! Looks realistic and sleek as hell. Hope you wont mind me try and replicate it for future CJs haha

Don't wanna pick favourites so just gonna say amazing entries to all. Been rereading all ur entries the whole day!

eric_jeppesen and kipate like this.
  11. kipate

kipate Governor

Reads it, see the words "enter into a basic CJ", looks at the CJ section within just a second, but still empty, checks again... ah yeah, overread the "will" :D

skullz613 likes this.
  12. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

Wow! usually I can make a decision on my votes, but every time I go to vote I remember someone did this, so and so did that, This is by far the hardest competition to pick a winner, and by far the most inspiring ideas producer event we have had

Fantastic job everyone!

kipate likes this.