1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ The Rise Of Athellen - Construction Journal

Current Progress 30% ...

1. RealCity

RealCity Executive

2. RealCity

RealCity Executive

3. RealCity

RealCity Executive

4. Tortuga

Tortuga Unskilled Worker

What are these two buildings?

megascreen0029.png

Steven H. Endermann likes this.
  5. RealCity

RealCity Executive

First one is a t2 office, no collision version stacking up. The other is from a mod called over water platinum buildings, a commercial buiding.

6. RealCity

RealCity Executive

I do have most of the mods, it's just many of them can't be placed overwater ToT.
    The giant office mod is really great though. Why I never seen it before on this site :D. Thank you so much kipate.

7. RealCity

RealCity Executive

8. Steven H. Endermann

I know about the pipe, power, and railroad mod, and the railbrridge mod, but how do you connect the bridge to the actual railroad? I cannot do that!

9. RealCity

RealCity Executive

You just can't connect the bridge. If you wanna make a rail bridge, raise the metro tunnel above ground.

10. kipate

kipate Governor

Or you do use the "pipe, power and railway" mod in combination with some of the overpasses
    by lextacy and make some eye-candy railbridge, of course in 45° layout.

11. RealCity

RealCity Executive

12. andreharv

andreharv Vagabond

Very nice city. How did you manage to create the lake in central park? Was that a part of the map?

13. Steven H. Endermann

There is a mod for building ponds and lakes, but the mod is kind of hard to use (for me, at least). If you would like to try, then download the actual mod.

14. RealCity

RealCity Executive

Yes, that was the part of the map. I dn't like to use water textures cause it doesn't have in-game water effects. I dn't use photoshop so had to take advantage of the original water. One way u can blend in water in your park is to build part of your city on water with various overwater placement mod.

15. andreharv

andreharv Vagabond

@Steven H. Endermann: I do have that mod...currently used it to build a Chicago style canal through one of my downtowns and unless you are sitting on it, it looks pretty real. That mod works really well with the Dig Area Tool.

@RealCity: I haven't tried creating my own map yet but I think I will because I always wanted to build a central parkish park like you did and nothing beats real water. I think I downloaded the over water placement mod but I haven't messed with it much but I will check it out thanks!

Steven H. Endermann likes this.