1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Transferring save files

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by East Pavilion-er, Dec 16, 2016.

1. East Pavilion-er

East Pavilion-er Executive

Me and my friend are doing a project: rebuilding an existing city in Cities XXL and estimate satisfaction of every zone of city. I have just finished building the city, but I have problem transferring the completed city to her computer! Anyone can help me? We're in need of collaboration!

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

more details?

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

To transfer a city from one PC to another, you will need to be running the same game version and have exactly the same mods installed (or the mods you used in the new city) and the same map installed.
    If the PC your adding the files to has no cities on it, then just copy over the whole Cities XXL folder from C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive to the C:\Users\NEWPC\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive folder.

ronrn likes this.
  4. East Pavilion-er

East Pavilion-er Executive

I'll have a try and report you when successful. Thank you!

5. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Skilled Worker

So, I'll just follow these instructions and I can save the save files plus the mods, then I can reformat my laptop...
    Thanks for this :)

And thanks to the one that made this question...I was just about to ask this haha

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

This might help you out
    Tutorial - CitiesXL - PC to Laptop

7. Przyski

Przyski Executive

Is it compatible with XXL? I copied all the mods and those two files and I cant see any mods or cities on my new laptop :(

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

The process is similar for XXL. Make sure the community mod is installed manually and that you are not using steam to install it. The one on steam might not be the latest.

9. Przyski

Przyski Executive

I copied the files again and it works lol :D
    I'm so happy.

skullz613 likes this.