1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Uim For Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by HooHeeHaa, Feb 7, 2015.

1. HooHeeHaa

HooHeeHaa Skilled Worker

Just got Cities XXL and tried to install UIM 1.79.9 for XXL. But it seems it doesn't work. So only a few old cities from CXL 2012 WITHOUT MODS can run on XXL.
    Really looking forward to UIM for XXL, so that every city can be well preserved.
    Ah Beautiful XXL! And Multicore Support!

cxl_screenshot_alice springs_1.jpg cxl_screenshot_alice springs_2.jpg cxl_screenshot_alice springs_4.jpg

Pamascus27 likes this.
  2. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

You need to install the Community Patch. That's the new name for UIM.

nicko2u likes this.
  3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ah yah yah ya. why would you think you have to install UIM 1.79.9 to the new game?

4. HooHeeHaa

HooHeeHaa Skilled Worker

Get it. So I just need to install Community Patch and I can use the MODs for CXL 2012? But after the installation the game crashes. One of the log files is like this:
    [14:17:36] CoreTag ctTagContainer.cpp ( 192) ErrorBuild Tag <FilterTag> is not defined in tag list, check Tags.cfg
    [14:17:36] CoreBase cbSave.cpp ( 648) ErrorBuild cbSerializeTag: Corrupted file, Invalid stream position
    [14:17:36] CoreBase cbSave.cpp ( 648) ErrorBuild cbSerializeTag: Corrupted file, Invalid stream position
    It seems there's something to do with Tags.cfg?

5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

No, not all mods will work. It's best to just use the mods on steam for now.

HooHeeHaa likes this.
  6. HooHeeHaa

HooHeeHaa Skilled Worker

And I have to check the compatibility list then. Thx

7. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Like what everyone else said, the Community Patch is the UIM for CXXL and not all mods work but should still I guess satisfy your
    modding needs a bit for a while, while all the other mods are being migrated to CXXL.

BTW another thing, the first pic in your post just overwhelmed me, really! I didn't knew that the game could do such
    reflections like that! So beautiful (y)

8. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

Im pirating this game so how can i download xxl UIM? :D

9. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

No idea. I don't think many will be inclined to offer advise, either. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

Oh, and in case my sarcasm isn't enough, let me just say it plain: If you pirate a game, that's your decision, but don't go around and ask for help on public forums. You will not get any.

The Funky Monk likes this.
  10. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

ok, thanks
    feel free to delete my post I didnt know that it is not allowed to pirate a game :rolleyes:

11. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah right. Is it ok to steal a car?

12. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

Will use the same phrase and you did..
    Oh, and in case my sarcasm isn't enough, let me just say it plain: since this is not an official cities xl forums (focus home interactive) I cant see a problem to say that I pirate a game which I want to TEST and buy it after if I like it. Simple enough?
    Help/give advice/answer to a guy that said he is pirating a game = risk of lawsuit.. Makes sense, right? :rolleyes:

13. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I think it's been made pretty clear what our stance is. Next time, if you want to discuss piracy, please don't do so in the forums.

14. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

No problemo :)
    I just hate smartasses so I couldnt let it go without reply :)
    cheers bro