1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfinished Monte Cristo projects

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by skullz613, Mar 12, 2018.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Just wondering if anyone has ever gone through the files in a dump of XL or XXL and had a look at some of the unfinished work.
    I've been mucking around with the airport project. Even got the onscreen project menu to work (kind of)
    I got the airport to show ingame (it's just the terminal off the big airport) but it has no plug in the layout file.
    Here's the menu thumb
    b_gemairport01_t3.png
    Found the tarmac they were going to use. A double road but it has lots of ped crossing across it to make it look tarmac ish.
    They are a few bits that must be not missing but not linked in the files. As it is I had to enable a few tags in the class files and also add the standard XML line on some files.

Drazicdesign and forzasvw like this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes a few people already did.
    They have been released in some unlocker patch, unfortunately i cannot remember its name.
    Only thing that was still hidden is omnicorp tower due to its complex geometry, but peter also made a patch for that one.

Drazicdesign likes this.
  3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Some time ago I had taken the time to sort some of the vignettes related to buildings made by Monte Cristo, but never released in game,

I think all the buildings have already been released

upload_2018-3-12_19-24-28.png

there are other projects started by Monté Cristo and that have not been released, I think notament these few files .class

upload_2018-3-12_19-31-39.png

Myname and XOUSTE like this.
  4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I will have a look through my files for the unlockers. I'm keen to find that other small harbor because when I searched through the files, I never found a layout for it. Only the class file. That was back when I made those place anywhere harbors.

5. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

It should have been the greatest city building game, lots of unfinished jobs out there...it would be great if someone could continue to develop this game...maybe im just overthinking.
    I've been played Cities:Skylines for at least 600+ hours on Steam, built quite a lot of fancy cities but none of them can be happened without thousands of assets and hundreds of mods (the base game of CSL is a nightmare! ), while I can create stunning city with only a fews of custom contents in CitiesXL...I mean the graphic of base game itself is pretty enough.
    Nevertheless, I really appreciate the friends here for your contributions to this community!

BahadirB likes this.