1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Unfortunately a 64 bit game is out of the question, isn't it?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by chocolate_city, Jul 12, 2019.

1. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

This game would give Cities Skylines the boot, if it were 64 bit. I've had Cities Skylines a year and have just started to get the hang of it.... So much micro-management, but I'm starting have fun with it....Yay!!!!

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Unless the developers rebuild the game from scratch, 64bit will never be an option.
    Highly doubt they will invest time and money into XL or XXL again. It's received so much negative feedback on Steam and other community's that anything they do will get hammered.
    If they made a completely new game with a different name but based loosely on how XXL plays then it might have a slim chance.
    But... all the people who were upset with previous releases, will only start whining though and say they deserve it for free or with a big discount so it would most likely get negative reviews because of them.

3. DarkSteem

DarkSteem Vagabond

[QUOTE = "chocolate_city, post: 41705, member: 58"] This game would load the City of Horizons if it were 64-bit. City horizons of the year, and I just started to master it .... There are so many micro-managers, but I'm starting to have fun with it .... Yes !!!! [/ QUOTE]

No, not like that: the game is installed without problems in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems (for example, I have it installed in Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). After installation, you only need to check that 64 are installed -bit versions of runtime libraries (Microsoft visual C ++ 2010 x 64, Microsoft visual C ++ 2013 x 64), if not, install them manually from the game installation directory C: \ Program Files \ Cities XXL 2015 ver 1.5 x64 \ _CommonRedist \ vcredist \ 2010 C: \ Program Files \ Cities XXL 2015 ver 1.5 x64 \ _CommonRedist \ vcredist \ 2013

No, it’s not: the game is installed without problems in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems (for example, I have it installed in Windows 10 Pro (64-bit). After installation, you just need to check if 64-bit versions are installed runtime (Microsoft visual C ++ 2010 x 64, Microsoft visual C ++ 2013 x 64) libraries, if not, manually install them from the game installation directory C: \ Program Files \ Cities XXL 2015 ver 1.5 x64 \ _CommonRedist \ vcredist \ 2010 C: \ Program Files \ Cities XXL 2015 ver 1.5 x64 \ _CommonRedist \ vcredist \ 2013

4. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

Sure, it can run on a 64 bit system, but can it use more that 4 gigs of memory, like Cities Skylines, I don't think so (that's my main concern)