1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Using 3d studio max 2014

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Tyndale, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Tyndale

Tyndale Vagabond

Can I ask how do you use some of the mod that is only for 2012? I like to create models in 2014 and import that into the game? But I cant use some of the mod for this so please help thanks!

2. Monty

Monty Governor

Why don't you get max 2012? They are basically the same for this purpose.

3. Tyndale

Tyndale Vagabond

Hi Monty I have tried to PM you but thanks for responding could you PM me be back please? :) Autodesk don't have that version any more. :( And you cant buy 2012. :( So if someone can patch up the artist pack mod that would be great!

4. Monty

Monty Governor

The free student version of max 2012 is still available
    screenshot_1149.jpg

5. Tyndale

Tyndale Vagabond

Oh ok I did not know 2012 was still up! :) Thanks for that! :) However can I still use 2014 to model and export into XL just like skyline? Why did it had to be so hard to export your models into XL? :( Thanks if you can explain?

6. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

The software to export only Works with 3DsMax 2012 as it was the only software available at the moment. Well, I use the 2014 version to import models with an interesting shape or textures from google warehouse as it has native support for skp files, then I 'save as' and select '3dsMax 2012 file version'. It don't matter what version you use.