1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Visable Resource Zoning

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Kelly Yero, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Kelly Yero

Kelly Yero Unskilled Worker

In one of the videos I was watching a user had osmething checked so that I could see his resources while he placed roads. Does anyone know what he had checked in the options so that this was possible?

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you mean the ground relief? It should stay on when you click on it but only while you placing the selected road. As soon as you click on something else in the menu it will become un-selected.

3. Kelly Yero

No, as I was watching the video he had fertile land visible (it was in green) and he was placing an expressway through the green land area. He had something checked or so he said in the video. He is not answering my comment so I can't tell what he had checked. To my knowledge this is not possible unless there is a mod of some kind. What are your thoughts on that?

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I only knew that you could keep the ground relief showing. Have you got a link to the video?

5. Kelly Yero

try this! Obviously it is in the early stages of the video when he is placing his first expressway that flows out of the city.

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Don't know what he's selected to do it than as I can't find anything any where.

EDIT: The only thing I found was if you select the resource from the menu on the right then select the small dirt road the resource stays on for the placement duration of that road.

7. Spock

Spock Executive

did he mean around minute 8?
    it was clearly seen that he was selecting the resource panel on the right :think:

8. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

This dude has a really annoying voice and is shit at CXL.

9. Kelly Yero

skullz - I see what you are saying in the video. I must have had sand in my eyes or ears or something. I was under the impression that he was doing something different than what I now see. Sorry!!!! Thanks for the help?

Funky Monk - I would think for a moderator of this site you may choose to be a little kinder with your comments, but who am I to say since you are a moderator. Obviously you must be an expert at CXL since you have such an opinion.

10. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been playing this game since it came out and I still suck at it. Maybe it was his first video and he's better now. Either way he wasn't very good at it.