1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Hope For In Cities Xxl?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Radiant Dawn, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

So as we're waiting for CXXL, even though I'm sure the development of the game must be about complete, why not discuss what you are anticipating and hoping for in the new city builder simulator?

What I hope to see:
    • Even larger maps
    • An option to use CXL content for CXXL such as mods and cities we have already made and saved with CXL.
    I also hope for a release date soon.

VEEEEH likes this.
  2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

nothing, i bet cxxl will be worse than platinum :(
    and im pretty sure development is more than incomplete.. its way too early for a release.. fhi will never learn from their mistakes
    but i can still hope for cities skylines, which looks quite promising :)

3. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

barely nothing... Only thing they did is the new sky and maybe now cities will start to lag from 1,5 M ppl, not from 500k

4. Rene

Rene Executive

rail, multicore, memory leak, tree bug fixed, this is top of my list.

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  5. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Multicore and memory leak. The two things people have wanted since the start. I can't see major things like bigger maps or rail being included. They won't spend even more money to get those in the game considering a lot of people have lost faith in them.

Radiant Dawn likes this.
  6. Raynor

Raynor Unskilled Worker

Judging by the few photos they released on their Fb and the trailer, nothing except the multicore and memory leak. The game will be the same as Platinum regarding everything else. I'm surprised that someone from Paradox actually came here to answer questions or take sugesstions about skylines, but no one form XXL took any interest in this forum, which is by far the most active one right now (at least in english). It's sad.

Stevo and Radiant Dawn like this.
  7. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I definitely second you on the rail. I can't believe I forgot that. I ad it to my list.

As for multicore and memory leak, I'm not familiar with those.

8. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I agree with you on their failure to consult public interest and interact with users, esp at a fan-base like here at XLN. Their interaction with us would really show how much they care about our opinions and interests as users/"fans" if you will. That is somewhat disappointing.

9. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I don't play many games. Just CXL and GTAV. I'm not familiar with game developers engaging with fans during development. I think Paradox/CO's approach with Cities:Skylines is rare from my experiences. Whilst it would have been nice, it's not something I expected.

The things FHI have promised are vague at best.

I expect that the memory leaks and lagging to be fixed, even if you have a city of 5 million people. FHI did say "a smooth FPS no matter the size or complexity" of your city.

What exactly do FHI mean by "over ground rail?" Whilst I'd like inter-city trains, I'd be happy will a functioning above ground metro with placable stations above ground.

"Over 1000 buildings, many with civilian activity animations to enjoy at street level". What does this mean? Is it just people walking along the streets like we already have in Platinum. Or is it going to be emergency service buildings animations like fire trucks and police cars?

The new skyboxes will be nice. I'm surprised FHI went with improving this feature. There are much more important and wanted features that should have been addressed before minor cosmetics.

From what we've heard so far, the "new stream-lined User Interface" will be one of the biggest changes. This has the potential to make the game feel more alive by providing better feedback/connection to the player about their choices.

"four classes of citizens spanning four densities of housing". What will the fourth density be?

The Park and Ride mass transit option sounds interesting and will bring a new dynamic to public transport system design, as will the Bike Hire shops.

The "ability to upgrade industrial buildings to reduce emissions" will be an interesting feature. Will we be able to have Heavy/Manufacturing industries in our cities without huge amounts of pollution? I imagine this will be moddable for further adjustments.

Hopefully we'll get a review soon from IGN or someone.

10. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

what do you mean by this, there has always been 4 classes of residence. low, middle, executive, and elites. I'm sure much more news about other info will be coming soon. try their facebook page they seem to post their first. https://www.facebook.com/citiesxl

11. Rene

Rene Executive

I think he might mean that there will be yet another group of buildings, so that they would separate tall and not so tall T3 buildings. They didn't actually said that in the trailers, but it might be true. A mod like this sort of demand mod was in the plans here some day, it's quite easy to separate them into demand groups where if only s smaller T3 is in demand thw game would not build a super high. Dunno what's coming I just emailed FHI today.

12. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Yep, that's what I was referring to, the building densities, not the citizen classes.

13. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

And more realistic human beings please!!!

Stevo and Radiant Dawn like this.
  14. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I agree with this also.

15. Rene

Rene Executive

I agree too, they would save poly's alot and ease the engine.

Marina leisure is, btw, coming in CXXL. I hope they fix beach water leisure too.

I'm emailing with them so I infill every time I have something new to at least gossip about ;)

16. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Hilarious!

Nogerivan likes this.
  17. Thrangar

Thrangar Skilled Worker

I know it not even remotely feasible but since we are wishing, Multy level water!

18. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

that would be excellent, but probably impossible!

19. Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn Elite

I also hope there will be water reflections as there will be sky, reflecting buildings, the sky, and other objects, although judging by some images I've seen, it doesn't look like it will be so.

20. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

it seems water will be the same.