1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your Favorite Music Genre And What Music Do You Listen Now?

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by sadiemydog, Jan 3, 2015.

?
  1. Pop , competition music (like. eurovision) or chart music

15.0%
  2. R&B

5.0%
  3. Hiphop

15.0%
  4. Rap

10.0%
  5. Funky

10.0%
  6. Rock & Roll

45.0%
  7. Gothic or Emo

5.0%
  8. Alternative

50.0%
  9. Hippy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. House

35.0%
  11. DJ

10.0%
  12. Metal

30.0%
  13. Modern Rock Music

30.0%
  14. Boybands

5.0%
  15. Jazz

15.0%
  16. Soul/Northern Soul

5.0%
  17. Folk or country (Western Countries: The Netherlands , UK , France , Germany , Scandinavia)

15.0%
  18. Samba

10.0%
  19. Native Americans or Native People Music like chants.

10.0%
  20. Anime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  21. Schlager (Like: Dutch , German or Scandinavian)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Raggae

20.0%
  23. Gabber

5.0%
  24. Indie

35.0%
  25. Other (type beneath)

35.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Lets keep talking about music. What you listen right now and what types of genres you liked.

2. Robert Simmons

Robert Simmons Unskilled Worker

I voted for Rock n' Roll (the good stuff from the 60's & 70's), but lately, I've been into Bossa Nova. That kind of music would go good in games like this... Not to mention the best game soundtrack ever- Sim City 3000, with it's swingin' jazz style...

sadiemydog likes this.
  3. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

Alternative, House (Mostly Deep House), Indie Rock

sadiemydog and lastdayofearth like this.
  4. lastdayofearth

lastdayofearth Skilled Worker

Nice genres

sadiemydog likes this.
  5. lastdayofearth

lastdayofearth Skilled Worker

90s musics, Indie rock, alternative rock, folk are favorites, and sometimes old rock'n roll and old pop songs

sadiemydog likes this.
  6. Caleb

Caleb Unskilled Worker

Well, my taste in music is pretty extensive, so the list of genres that I usually listen to is really long but to name a few: Indie rock, Post-punk revival, Post-rock, Indie pop, Indietronica, Electronica, Electronic rock, Chillwave, Synthpop, Experimental, Dreampop, Electropop, Downtempo, IDM, Indie folk, Folk rock, that kind of stuff. I admit that that was more than just a few, I might've gone a bit too overboard but there's the types of music that I commonly like to listen to, there's probably more to be mentioned but I won't delve into that right now.

sadiemydog likes this.
  7. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I have to say, the music genres that I like is wide-ranging, so it mostly matters on how good the music is to me.
    The genres includes ballads, hard rock, modern (not retarded like Miley Cyrus, J...B..)music, Korean pop(old or new),
    glam rock, pop(usually 70s, 80s, 90s), trot, electronic music and indie music.
    There are still more genres I like but that's all I want to mention.

sadiemydog likes this.
  8. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

I put my vote as "other" because I am sort of inbetween Caleb and Parmascus - I like all the genres they listed plus I like 50s, 60s pop, hard rock, heavy metal and some of the European alternate metal and I also like Classical and military music. I'd never be able to list one single genre as my favourite!

sadiemydog likes this.
  9. Coseley_Wench

Coseley_Wench Vagabond

Gawdelpus, what language are you guys speaking?
    KevinTheCynic said: "I put my vote as "other" because I am sort of inbetween Caleb and Parmascus" and I said: 'What?'. Surely he is talking about that Biblical...er, and some obscure Greek philosopher and.... What??
    Sigh. Put me down for Benjamin Britten, Bach, Rachmaninov and Mahler and if anybody wants me I am going off to make a mug of Horlicks.

Before you all rise up and pull me to pieces. I really miss all those photos of lovely young men (and the occasional woman!) that filled the old web site. I have a son your age - or older - and you all make me very happy. Keep churning out those mods.

Coseley Wench. In her very, very late sixties; seventy next year. Been battling with home computers since 1979 and still not got it cracked.

sadiemydog and kipate like this.
  10. kipate

kipate Governor

Rachmanichov and Bach you say, Madame @Coseley_Wench?
    Hmmh, really some special taste, I personally do prefer
    Dvořák, Beethoven, next to others, as e.g. Ravel; there is a wide spread in the classical genre,
    I have to admit, and maybe I am not that focused on every single one of those
    artists...
    Of course, I do also hear a lot of modern age music, but somewhat have a special taste
    for the late 70s, 80s and early 90s, a time the synthesizers came up and people experimented
    a lot... not everything was good, but you have some great songs out of that time...
    Oh well, and I do like Queen and Genesis.

sadiemydog likes this.
  11. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

Welcome to the site Coseley Wench. 70 next year, that would make you the Grand Dame of XL Nation :)

One of the things I enjoy about this forum is that unlike many other places on the web, people don't feel the need to attack you or your opinion just because it's different to theirs. Music is a particularly personal like/dislike in my opinion and to me that makes someone's taste neither more or less valid than anyone else's.
    In terms of Classical, once again I don't have a specific favourite and I like particular tracks from a lot of composers although I'm happy enough to listen to entire albums as well. I have a particular liking for both Bach and Rachmaninov as well as Dvořák, Beethoven, Ravel and also Handel, Mozart and others such as Greig, Holst, Liszt, Tchaikovsky (I love the 1812 Overture!) and even some Wagner.

I have to admit to a guilty pleasure as well - I actually like a few songs from J-pop and K-pop bands and particularly Japanese rock/hard rock. I might not understand the language, but that isn't important, the important part for me is how the music sounds (so I also have some songs in French, Spanish, German, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese languages).

sadiemydog likes this.
  12. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

I really hate it when people judge someone upon their music taste.

sadiemydog likes this.
  13. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I agree Alex. In the Internet, commenting that they hate that person for not liking this and
    instead liking that music is very common to me.

sadiemydog likes this.
  14. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I like most music. Except Nickleback.

Little know fact: Nickleback are the only band to have their very own genre: Shit.

15. KevinTheCynic

KevinTheCynic Executive

I laughed... lots! I don't like Nickleback either.
    You know, the lead singer has a great voice... and I am truly dismayed that he decided to sing soft-cock pop-rock because he could probably really belt out a hard rock song or two.

sadiemydog likes this.
  16. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed. That first song they was great. When I heard it I though, ' What a cool voice', then he did nothing with it after that.

Same goes with the singer from Creed, great voice and the first album was really good but struggled after that.

Another one is Days of the New. First album was brilliant. Heavy acoustic stuff and his voice is perfect for it. Their other records suck.

17. Coseley_Wench

Coseley_Wench Vagabond

"Welcome to the site Coseley Wench. 70 next year, that would make you the Grand Dame of XL Nation :)

Grand 'Damn' is just abour right! You should hear me when I try to build sea walls.

"In terms of Classical, once again I don't have a specific favourite.... "

No, nor me. The names I put were supposed to suggest a wide range rather than a direct choice. I do like opera though, or rather, the human voice used as an instrument, so-to-speak. You can't beat a good sing-a-longa-Wagner when making early-morning cuppa tea while husband cowers in his bedroom bleating for peace and quiet..

"I have to admit to a guilty pleasure as well..."

Ahhh. Guilty Pleasures. Old music hall/burlesque singers. I like them. Blue-grass, banjos, foot-stomping, twang and scrape of a fiddle. I like them, too.
    Now and then a pop song appears that sets me yowling (rather oldie ones, though, but.)
    Gilbert and Sullivan, anyone? No, that is NOT opera.
    Duke Ellington (etc) Traditional jazz, but not really blues. I have never 'got' hard-core blues.
    And (strangely) military marches and high-church music especially Russian Orthodox.

What a peculiar mixture.

Coseley Wench

The Funky Monk and kipate like this.
  18. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

I love Jazz! I also like Rap/Hip-Hop and Pop from North, Central, and South America, especially in Spanish.

--Ocram

19. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

Almost any kind of music can be great, depends on the artists... one style makes me lie: - la variété française - Nothing good can come out of that... be lucky not being french for that reason! Something you can try while playing cities XL: Zenzile, album "Sound patrol"... really really really great and relaxing music!

The Funky Monk likes this.
  20. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm usually not a fan of really weird shit but that was pretty good. Not really relaxing though, unless you were high as. (n)