1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL Why everywhere traffic lights?

Discussion in 'Game Play Support' started by zoranjoza, Nov 29, 2016.

1. zoranjoza

zoranjoza Vagabond

I have small avenue and every road that i connect to that road i get traffic lights. Even dirty small farm road.
    Why done they use signs (stop, right of way etc..)?

Im new to this game, 2 days playing it, and my money is always in + and cash just keep falls in my pocket... Cant lose this game or ?

2. zoranjoza

zoranjoza Vagabond

And another question, is it problem for people to go to work far away? Lets say from one city to second.
    If whole map is 1000x1000, can they go from A-100x100(coordinates) to B-500x500 (coordinates)?

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

That is just the way roads are. There may be a mod that reduces signals.

Citizens will travel anywhere on the same map regardless of distance, providing that your transportation network allows/motivates them to and there are jobs to attract them.

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Lillysky likes this.
  5. Lillysky

Lillysky Unskilled Worker

Intersecting roads creates intersections, aka traffic lights. Roundabouts can eliminate traffic lights but, they should be used strategically as many times they can be more work than they're worth, and even create larger traffic problems. Unlike in other games *cough cough Cities Skylines cough cough* traffic lights don't cause many issues. You moreso need to focus on using the right sized roads, efficient public transportation, and a well thought-out road network. Pay attention to the road's "cars per minute" limit; if your road says it has heavy traffic and you have a large road (small avenue, large avenue, highways, etc...) the issue may lie in your connections from one zone to another. Like your entire residential block being funneled into one small avenue through one connection by a normal road, will cause issues. If that doesn't seem to be the case, then chances are its a road-size issue.

I know you didn't ask for a mini traffic tutorial :X3: but seeing as you asked about traffic lights and you're new to the game, I figured it couldn't hurt :D