1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Wich part of the code did I need to change so its not replaceable?

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by sadiemydog, Aug 2, 2015.

1. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Hi Folks,

I want to change . so it won't override the normal RHM2 mod. So I can use both yellow and white stripes at once just as in Norway and Finland. My question is wich part of the mod code files did I need to change and what did I need to put in the text and where??? And how can I make it that its not on the menu when I click on the original RHM roads , but instead it has their own button on the builders menu itself??? Please reply on it , I really gonna use it for personal!

Greets, Sadiemydog

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

to not replace it you gotta change file names, nothing else
    to change stripes from white to yellow you gotta edit diffuse texture in sgbin files, there is a tutorial for somewhere here on xln. then save it with a different name and change the model-path in class files to the new sgbin file you just created. also dont forget to create new thumbnails and also change their path in new class files.
    to make it not upgradable change <AltGroup> to sth different in class files (but why?^^)
    to make it visible in menu just dont add a "deprecated" tag to tag line in class files

3. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

The problem wich I have now is that there are .sgbin files only and I didn't found any .class files so I cannot open it and change it by code. :( Is there anyway how to see .class files in lextacy concrete mod??? When I uncompress it I get .dat and .sg files. :( :( :(

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

no idea bout lextacys mod
    maybe his retexture replaces original rhm stuff, if this is the case you can find class files in original rhm patch

5. sadiemydog

sadiemydog Executive

Yeahh, thats the whole point. I wan't to change it so it don't override the original RHM mod.