1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Wildii`s Projects

Discussion in 'Projects' started by wildii, Nov 8, 2014.

1. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Place Plug, 2 Junctions and Track and adjust its settings. Everything is covered in layout tutorial .pdf file. This is a-must for a building to align to street.

2. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

No the triangle count is fine and well within the specs. It just seemed to me to be bit high for that kind of a model but now I see it's fine.

About the maps. Keep them within the specs. You could maybe make the self illumination map a bit larger like 256x256. You really will not see a difference in other maps, maybe just a little bit but not enough to justify the larger map size.

3. wildii

wildii Governor

Thanks both!
    Got the Layout-File Script working, but as I tested my model in CXL it crashed :D I`ll give it a new try tomorrow.
    And I`ll reduce the size of my maps.

4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

looks nice :)
    about the maps: you use the same maps you used for l1 also for lod2 and 3. dont create new ones ;) except for the lightmaps..
    about the layout file creator: you need to place one plug, two junctions and one track as said in the layout file creator instructions.. otherwise it wont work
    about the triangles: its fine, but seems a bit high to me for such a small model... you got hidden faces/geometry?
    edit: sorry didnt see the posts above and that your prob was already solved o_O

5. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

Any more updates this looks awesome!!!

6. wildii

wildii Governor

Lately I didn`t have much time for CXL, but today I finished the model. Yeah :)

Basic-Information: T1 Office Building, 20x40m Base
    Triangle-Count: 1104, 549, 234, 54
    Maps: Diffuse, Self-Illumination, Normal, Specular and Reflection

gamescreen0011.jpg

Attached Files:

7. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

I suggest adding displacement/lightmap map, this will greatly improve your building and give a more realistic look

8. cityguru

cityguru Unskilled Worker

You say its finished , why do you not share them? I really need this yust like the other three modding thread new mods.

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

be patient, you dont need it, you want it
    and im sure you will get it

but back to topic:
    i agree with pauliaxz about the lightmap, but apart from that it looks pretty good
    and i really like the "peoples shadows" in the windows of the jazz club :)

10. wildii

wildii Governor

Ok, so I just read a little bit about the lightmap and I`ll try to add one.
    I follow nicko2u`s tutorial on it. What does he mean by: "Collapse or attach all your models pieces/objects to one object (LOD)."?

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

that means your building should be one object for each lod
    you can test it by clicking on "select by name". if the opened window shows 4 (if no object selected) or 3 (if one object selected) names everything is fine ;)

12. wildii

wildii Governor

Well, ok :D Isn`t it standard? I read, that you have to collapse all objects into one lod. Bit strange...thanks! I`ll need some help with this map. Do I have to add a "skylight" over each LOD? Can I delete the skylight after I rendered and added the LM?

13. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Place only one skylight and remove it before exporting to CXL Viewer

14. wildii

wildii Governor

gamescreen0001.jpg Ok!
    I just tested the model with the LM. It really makes a difference, I`m surprised :) The buildings looks a bit dirty now and there are leaky shadows f.e. around the airconditioners. I like it :)

Edit: That went easier than I expected. All maps added now. I really like the result (thanks for the help everybody). I think its ready for release, what do you think?

snick, Mr.X² and luis diogo like this.
  15. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I say, it is DAMN ready for release.:D Now that the lightmaps and the other maps are added, your mod looks twice as better as it was
    last time I should say. (y)

16. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Looking very good! I look forward to seeing it on the XLEX.

17. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Glad to see this one finally released in the XLEX.:D A pretty good first mod I should say. I'm looking forward for whatever you'll be doing in the future. Good luck!:)

18. wildii

wildii Governor

In which way is the jazz theater different from axles buildings? Yeah, you`ll get some more. The next building is in the making and it will be home to a well known coffeeshop brand ;) I just don`t have much time at the moment for modding, so it may take a while.

19. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

Is it a Starbucks?

20. wildii

wildii Governor

Yes, a Starbucks :) But I paused it and worked on a different mod in the meantime. It is another "musical"-building and will be ready soon. Here`s a sneak peek:
    MusicExchange.jpg