1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Wishlist for XXL : bigger parks and real city blocks

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Lily, May 23, 2015.

1. Lily

Lily Vagabond

I have absolutely no idea where to even start if was to make make these contributions myself, so I was hoping someone more skilled and experienced would find my ideas interesting.

Bigger parks:

The parks we have are now hopelessly small compared to the size of the buildings and the overall area of the mega-city we are able to build. We can make green areas with the decoration tools but of course it is not quite the same.
    I am thinking of some of the iconic parks there are around the world, like Retiro in Madrid, the Golden Gate park in San Francisco and of course the Central Park in New York. The in-game park could house a lot of interesting things like their real-life examples :

Observatory
    Science museum & exhibition
    Outdoor concert area
    Duck Pond
    Japanese Garden
    Old castle that is now a museum
    Gazebos
    Bird Sanctuary
    Pond with a BIG fountain
    Paddleboat pond
    Huge fleamarket

City blocks:

Imagine if I wanted to re-create the Broadway or central Paris in game. Not gonna happen.
    The buildings that come with the game are, as you know, neatly in the middle of their own lot and leave plenty of space around. Not anywhere near realistic in a game that is otherwise so detailed and lifelike.
    Now I remember using some kinda of no-collision mod in XL to create huge, ugly and depressing housing projects for Unskilled Workers.
    This time however, I'd like re-create something beautiful like the Champs Elysèes in Paris. A wide uptown avenue lined with prestigious grand buildings, with only a few side alleys here and there.
    I did find some gorgeous St. Petersburg residential buildings made by Immort_al, but if we think of a real avenue, there ought to be shops and hotels too.

Cheers,

Lily

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Bigger parks would be neat or even just a bigger selection of medium sized parks would help. I have never liked the default parks for XL or XXL. The grass color does not match with the grass plazas I use so I rarely use them. Like most players I make my own using the abundent amount of mods we have like the paths and park benches.

3. Ernest007

Ernest007 Skilled Worker

Yeah it's really hard to make a nice blocks in CXL or CXXL so for someone that's really focus on realism of making a city like me it's really depressed me a lot. That's why i never be able to create a realistic European city. I could say this game is for making an American and Asian city not European.