1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Xl Nation Furniture Dependency Pack 1.8

This dependency pack contains furnitures and props that will be used for upcoming mods from many mod

1. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Yes, quite a few. Around 30 or so. If I have to get rid of all of those in order to use just this one mod then it won't be worth the trade off as that would mess up my prior city builds.

I sure hope that I can use the newer 1.6 furniture dependency pack without losing all my prior stuff from my Steam downloads. I'm hoping to get some suggestions on how I can transition from 1.5 to 1.6 without losing my prior builds. I hope 1.6 will work with my prior Steam mods, not all have been translated to versions here.

2. ronrn

ronrn Governor

I didn't realize there were 30 XXL mods on steam.
    I quit using Steam mods long ago as they are quite troublesome in management and quality consistence. In short, Steam messes things up much too often. Many folks here feel the same.
    You might try getting all your mods here at XLNation.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  3. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Now you tell me. :confused: Actually I do get all of my mods here at xlnation.city now. Since I got the game on Steam I started off getting my mods from Steam thinking that would be easier; actually about 40 in number. It was quite a few months before I discovered this wonderful website for XXL stuff. I did find I had to load one Steam mod at a time and test it to see if it worked or not. I certainly found a lot of mods that didn't work. I've got close to 87 mods from here.

I'm worried that from your prior message that if I have Steam mods then dropping the 1.5 furniture dependency pack to add the newer 1.6 version will basically kill my three cities. Certainly at a minimum it would probably mean all of those Steam mod buildings would disappear. It would be great if 1.6 would avoid this problem. Or if I could run both at the same time.

I'm not sure if one mod would be worth so much damage. However I do see that more mods will come out in the future depending on the newer furniture dependency mod. I may have to make the decision sooner or later to write off my first 3 cities and start from scratch. :(

4. ronrn

ronrn Governor

The 1.6 dependency should contain all of the 1.5 files also.
    Just be sure to replace each corresponding mod when you uninstall one from Steam.
    Make multiple saves of your cities for testing.
    I save a corresponding "Mods" folder with each of my city saves. Takes a bit of storage space, but worth the effort.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Eureka! I actually discovered that I can run the 1.5 Steam version along with the 1.6 version from here at the same time. I also tested the 1.7 NEXL mod and my program works and loads a saved game. So now to load up the Florence Pack to see if I can actually build the buildings.

I'm thinking that perhaps Steam mods may be too literal with the version of the furniture dependency pack. I may try a test of dropping the 1.5 version to see if I can still have my cities remain intact with just 1.6.

Having another set of saved game files makes trying these tests less problematic.

Thanks for suggestions! :)

6. Mr. Sky

Mr. Sky Executive

Will be exist an ploppable version in the future? Your new furnitures look great :)

Myname, OmniusPrime and Drazicdesign like this.
  7. Daniel Montero Valdivieso

Buenas tardes, alguien me podría decir cual es la localización en el menú de los objetos de la versión 1.7, gracias.

Good afternoon, someone could tell me what is the location on the menu of objects of version 1.7, thanks.

8. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Daniel Montero Valdiviseo,
    These aren't available to us in the game, per the overview description. These are for modders to use in their creations and as long as we have this mod we'll see them in our cities when we build those buildings. So by all means use this mod. Hopefully Monty will release a furnitures mod includes these items so we can use them. Stay tuned for further info.

9. Daniel Montero Valdivieso

Okay, hopefully soon, I could really use those objects to my city, thanks for the reply

OmniusPrime likes this.
  10. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Should I delete the previous version for the new update? I'm confused a bit...

11. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Yes

OmniusPrime likes this.
  12. SettlersGrandPa

SettlersGrandPa Unskilled Worker

Hi Monty!

Thank you very much for your awesome work!

This mod produces this log entries, from time to time really tons of them:
    Code:
    DISPLAYSCENE       dsSceneUtils.cpp                  ( 100)    Error
      dsSceneUtils::s_LoadGraphicObject: missing file
      <Data/Gfx/Furnitures/monty/f_mty_emptypot02.sgbin>
      and no placeholder found !

referred in
    Code:
    \data\design\decoration\furniture\monty\f_mty_emptypot02.class
    I did changed the filename from "f_mty_emptypot02.sgbin" to "f_msk_emptypot02.sgbin" and the traces do no longer appear.

BUT maybe this is quirks. Btw, the filename "f_msk_emptypot02.sgbin" is nowhere referenced in the .layout and .class files. But maybe the .sgbin filename needs to be changed instead - I don't know...

Hope this may help!

Drazicdesign likes this.
  13. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Good morning all,

Please find below the download link of the new version "Xl Nation Furniture Dependency Pack 1.8"
    Dropbox - xln_moddingteam_dependency_furniturepack_v1.8.patch - Simplify your life

upload_2022-9-19_22-16-53.png
    This new pack adds:
    - 3 hammocks,
    - 1 Jacuzzi,
    - 1 wooden table on metal legs,
    - 8 shade cloths,
    - 2 Concrete urban bollards,
    - 1 Trampoline,
    - 1 red metallic sculpture,
    - 1 yellow and black speed bump,
    - 1 construction cone,
    - 1 automatic barrier in low position,
    - 1 automatic barrier raised,
    - 1 electrical box,
    - 1 US Postal mailbox,
    - 1 concrete block for planting,
    and
    4 retextured dining tables.

Also I took the opportunity to correct the following error:
    Code:
    DISPLAYSCENE       dsSceneUtils.cpp                  ( 100)    Error  dsSceneUtils::s_LoadGraphicObject: missing file
    <Data/Gfx/Furnitures/monty/f_mty_emptypot02.sgbin>  and no placeholder found !
    Please can you update this thread with this new 1.8 patch?
    Thank you, @Monty, @Mr.X² @skullz613

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

skullz613 updated XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack with a new update entry:

New content and a fix

Read the rest of this update entry...

Drazicdesign likes this.