1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xl User Interface Mod 1.79.9

XL Nation User Interface Mod, adding a lot of extra menu items

1. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Did you try the "Installation Instructions" on the overview page?

2. jayplaygame

jayplaygame Vagabond

Thanks a lot man it really helped! :)

3. Benoit

Benoit Vagabond

hi guys, can someone help me?

I downloaded the installer, than i selected run, and when it asked me where to download the file, I choose where my file "cities XL platinum" was, --> BOOTCAMP ( C: )/Program files/Cities XL platinium <-- and when i look in the folder of the game, there is nothing change, also when i start the game, there is no added menu or any changes.

I have no steam folder because I installed it with Utorrent (yea I feel guilty but I don't really have the money to buy it at the moment )..

can someone help please?

4. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Just select the main folder of the game on your hardrive. Its so easy

5. Benoit

Benoit Vagabond

well it's like you're speaking chinese to me, my hardrive?

sorry i'm not that skilled (probably not skilled at all) on windows..

6. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

For a start its 60% off so there is no reason to pirate it and given that you did pirate it you won't be getting any help with this.

snick likes this.
  7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, I find it hard to believe that some one who uses Utorrent would not have the basic computer skills to understand file systems. I can tell you are using a Mac with a bootcamp partition. When you install the UIM nothing actually changes much at first glance with the game that you would notice. How you will know its working is when you add a Mod that depends on the UIM.

Now on another note, I don't think you are going to get much help here from the rest of us. Seriously CitiesXL is on sale now for $11.00 USD via Steam or $29.99 USD via the Focus Entertainment Store. Development and improvements of CitiesXL will not continue if people don't pay for the game. Programmer's don't work for FREE last time I checked. Most of us here are excited about the upcoming release of Cities XXL It appears FHI is taking renewed interest in investing in CitiesXL development with actual capital expenditures to improve the game.

My hope is that if you enjoy CitiesXL that you eventually decide to actually pay for the game to help support its continued development

snick and Mr.X² like this.
  8. Gunman709

Gunman709 Vagabond

Can someone make a Cities XL Platinum version of this? Because I have platinum and I can't participate in the Bootleg contest! Also I can't download any fun/cool mods! If there already is a download for platinum, can someone send me it?

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

it is for platinum as well
    just follow the instructions given @the overview page

10. David Wilburn

David Wilburn Vagabond

Is there a guide of how to control the placement of build icons in the construction menu while making custom content?

11. SPACE_LEMON

SPACE_LEMON Vagabond

How does one install this on Platinum? I do not have the Steam version.

The installer seems to create a new path "C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011\Paks" wherein there's a folder "XLVUIMFeatures". As this, no changes are made to the game. However, when I move this to "C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum\Paks", I get that game-crashing-on-startup thing.

Help. ;_;

Edit: Further confusion:

I cannot locate any of the conflicting files the overview suggests I remove. The installation instructions also don't seem to mention any special consideration one needs to take for Cities XL Platinum. I am at a loss here.

12. Altiris

Altiris Governor

Run the installer again and choose uninstall.

Install it again, and when it asks for the Install Path, browse to "C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum" and install it there... DO NOT select the Paks folder, install directly to the "Cities XL Platinum" folder.

A_Hansen likes this.
  13. SPACE_LEMON

SPACE_LEMON Vagabond

IT WORKS. :D

Thanks I love you bye.

The Funky Monk likes this.
  14. angrybillbo

angrybillbo Vagabond

Hi there Ive just come back to cities xl 2011 and I'm starting a fresh. I've started by patching in all the dependcies including this latest uim. The game works fine with all installed and the menu and additions are great and working but then I set about patching other mods that I liked from roads to beach walls , houses harbour ect and every time the game fails to load .

I've removed them and the game loads fine then I tried patching them in one at a time and the game fails to load. Any ideas why this is ??

15. wreckthisplace

wreckthisplace Vagabond

Hey there,

I'm hoping someone can answer this rather quickly. I want to make sure I'm installing the UIM mod into the correct location. The instructions can be a tad confusing considering there's multiple versions of the game. I have the platinum edition. Should I be installing it into the installation folder? For instance, if I were to choose to install Cities XL Platinum onto my desktop for safe measure, would that be the location I choose when installing the UIM mod? So for instance, I would choose C:\Users\****\Desktop\Cities XL Platinum. Is this correct? I ask because the installer thinks it should go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL 2011\. This folder doesn't exist until I start the game for the first time (as far as I remember).

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

I'm asking because after what could have been a failed first attempt at installing UIM, I found a lot of mods were causing the game to crash before it could launch and the log is telling me that there were issues with certain tags. I read somewhere that having the latest UIM installed was supposed to fix this, hence me thinking I may not have installed it correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

16. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Read Altiris replay about 3 posts above yours.

The Funky Monk and Mr.X² like this.
  17. wreckthisplace

wreckthisplace Vagabond

That being said, 'C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum' does not exist on my hard drive as of yet, so installing it there seems to be an option that does not make sense, hence my post. I'm simply looking for clarity and I want to make sure I install it to the right place before I move on.

Can anybody else shed some light on this?

Thanks. :)

PS: It's 'reply', not 'replay', nicko2u.

18. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

reply - Where do you think you installed your game? try right clicking on any shortcut icons. click properties then look for target path.

19. kipate

kipate Governor

So @wreckthisplace , seems like you totally fulfill the expectations one could have about your username.
    So, nonetheless, let's try to fix your little problem:

Did you buy Platinum via Steam, or did you buy it as a disc?
    In case you bought it via Steam, you then have to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Cities xl 2012"
    But, to be honest, this is all part of the instructions that Altiris gave us.

in case you bought it as a disc, go and re-install the game, there must be a path 'C:\Program Files\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum'.

Mr.X² likes this.
  20. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys, we have all been there, lets show a little compassion

Eliaz likes this.