1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xln Mod Manager v1.2

A tool to scan for conflicts in mods

1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

IcyHot submitted a new resource:

XLN Mod Manager - A tool to scan for conflicts in mods

Read more about this resource...

2. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

I decided to download and try this after having a few mods not showing up in the game...it appears there are far more conflicts than I imagined:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

I couldn't post the whole thing because it's too long, but if anyone can help resolve the mods above, feedback is much appreciated!!!

3. rabbishalom

rabbishalom Vagabond

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

basically that mod manager will always show something. Why? because many mods share the same shader pak patch etc.

The main thing to look for in your /Paks folder are the same patch file names but with different version numbers at the end. Remove the lower ones. (save back up cities first). Read the Authors information on how to upgraded their mod first!

Example: I created a Bankwest Tower mod and have updated the patch with a small fix.

Original file
    XLN_n2u_bankWestTower_v1.0.patch

Newer version with fix
    XLN_n2u_bankWestTower_v1.1.patch

If you download and add XLN_n2u_bankWestTower_v1.1.patch to your game, you would also then need to delete XLN_n2u_bankWestTower_v1.0.patch

5. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

I can tell you right now that you can only use one of those. Choose either 20, 40 or 60, but not all three. As for the rest...that is a mess to sort through, but it helps to read the mod descriptions that tell you what to drop out of the zip files. Most of it is probably fine, but I'm curious if your game doesn't CTD when you start?

nicko2u likes this.
  6. kabool

kabool Vagabond

Why is this thing is not working?
    It just say "Scanning paks folder" and that's it. It should be simple to use, doesn't it?
    Paks folder is set correctly. Log folder is just Documents.
    Help please. I set up a 18 pages of mods, and some of them need's to be removed.

7. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Next time you download mod you should read instructions. Why you have put all retail demand increase files (x20, x40, x60) while you must choose only one! Same is for resource consumption. And I don't really know if you should choose only one Jakarta bus skin, I don't have this mod, you should check that too.
    Think logically, do you want to increase your retail demand by x20, then at the same time x40 and x60???

8. sandy

sandy Vagabond

I downloaded Mod Manager to try but keep getting a message "program is unable to scan for conflicts"?

I have created a folder called 'city mods' in my paks folder and have pointed the scanner to this but to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong? Looking for advice, thank you.

9. FXben

FXben Vagabond

Hi, would you say these conficts are normal? I'm new to this game and I dont have a clue yet :p
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

10. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Ive seen worse lol. though the game should still run fine will all those mods lol -until a mod breaks/fails/dies

11. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

I too have this same problem.
    It has been running for over an hour but doesn't appear to be using the CPU much at all.
    SSD I/O is about once every ten seconds.
    I guess the author has no interest in solving the problem.

12. G BonHomme

G BonHomme Vagabond

13. architekt

architekt Unskilled Worker

Hello, everybody! :)
    I had the same problem. I downloaded mods and put them into PAKS folder. The game, however, shut down. I installed Mods Manager. It did not work. At last, I installed these mods and the game worked again:
    Dependency Mods | XLNation - Cities XXL
    Best wishes