1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xlnation Is Alive! - The Best Old Pictures

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by Möebius, Sep 9, 2014.

?
  1. Yes, of course

91.3%
  2. Yes, I agree

17.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Möebius

Möebius Executive

Hello friends,

when IcyHot told us that the Hiperwolf´s XLNation era was in risk to sink in a black hole over there in internet universe,

I come to believe that I would regret tomorrow not having done anything to prevent the for ever lost of wonderful masterpieces of our modders and our builders.

Only for private archive purpose, with WebCopier Pro software I downloaded a big amount of old web contents, not code but html files, pics and so on during the last month, using in navigator like in mode offline.

I wish to consult the members´ opinion and request the authorization of admins and the original authors before proceeding.

Always clearly mentioned the original author and/or city,

What about to collect and gradually fill and album with those images that left us pleasantly impressed?
    Maybe the right place to do is a CJ created by web staff that will contains "opus magnum"
    I request authorization to do so asking if it had any rights impediments at other countries than Spain, thanks

IcyHot likes this.
  2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it could be a good idea to do this but for only the authors who have gone and who will not be re-posting their CJ's

Möebius and Peter912 like this.
  3. Möebius

Möebius Executive

of course,
    first of all, we wait a reasonable period at our great artists who have stayed in the old forum and appear again in this new. If the admin keeps the registration email addresses of old forum members, it is possible invite them to register again?

4. luis diogo

luis diogo Elite

That a very nice idea.
    So nice that you don't even consider anyone saying no in that pool. :LOL:

Seriously, i think there are some art work that should be registered for posterity. As long as the author gets mentioned, as well as the city is identified, i don't see a problem with it. Don't believe anyone would say no to this.

Maybe the collection could be posted in a free web flippage reader, with option for everyone to download.
    A whilw ago i worked in a magazine and we had our issue posted at issuu.com
    I'm sure there will be others but would be a nice feature. It's free and anyone can download the PDF.