1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xml Editor Corrupts .class Files.

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by David Wilburn, Dec 14, 2014.

1. David Wilburn

David Wilburn Vagabond

All Tutorial creators. Please advise in the tutorial that notepad should be used to edit .class files. I just spent a month dissecting the files trying to figure out the hierarchy of do road files call bridge files or do bridge files call the road files. I was using xml editor and everything I tried led to a crash. It was only when I had to redo changes that had been successful prior to making xml my preferred editor for .class files so I switched back to notepad and sure enough xml editor was somehow altering the class files making them incompatible with Cities XL.

2. Monty

Monty Governor

3. David Wilburn

David Wilburn Vagabond

Thanks. One of the tutorial mentioned XML editor. I don't remember which one.