1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL XXL can't start

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by gbojanic, Apr 7, 2015.

1. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

The game was working just fine. And today just doesn't want to start. The splashscreen appears and just disappears after a few seconds...
    No new mods added in the meantime.

And I'm not subscribed to any mods from the Workshop...

This is what the log says:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

And this is what the GameClient file says:

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Any ideas anyone??

2. Yo-Han

Yo-Han Vagabond

I made a thread about this exact same problem some days ago. I've been in contact with the tech support on Focus Home Interactive but so far nothing has helped me :(

3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

maybe another mod requested that number?
    could not find any mine requesting it.

Maybe Unsubscribe and or delete the mod and Subscribe again.

5. Yo-Han

Yo-Han Vagabond

Yup, at least I have

6. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Yes I have the legit version.
    I was subscribed to some mods from workshop but I unsubscribed all of them and got the mods from here. The game was working fine. I started a city, built only a few roads and bridges... and now it doesn't want to start. I tried deleting the save folder, same thing. Tried enabling the steam sync, same problem... Tried deleting recently added mods, same thing.

Thanks nicko, I'll try to subscribe to that mod to see if it fixes the issue. Although I had subscribe to it a while back, I didn't use that it XXL yet (and unsubscribed in the meantime to avoid crashes etc... :) I guess I did the opposite)
    But that line from the GameClient is bugging me:
    ErrorBuild Unknown vehicle <Car01>
    What the hell is that??

7. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

I solved the problem... I removed all the mods and the game started normally. I then added a few mods at a time to see which is the problem. It looks like the pharmist water roads for some reason stopped working. I used them in my city without a problem and now the game refuses to start with that mod... And I really really really really really really love that mod...

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

thanks for the info.
    and don't use mods that have not been tested/fixed to work with xxl :)

9. Altiris

Altiris Governor

It could be that you're using a version of Pharmist Water Roads that still has a "tags.cfg" file in it, and is overwriting the CM one, which has "Car01" in it.

You could try unpacking it and see if there is a tags.cfg in it and remove it, use the Mod conflict scanner, or add a few zzzzz to the start of the CM filename.

10. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Thanks Alt. It looks like I was using an older version of water roads but without the tags file cause I thought the CM has those tags (game wouldn't start with the tags file). It was working just fine for about 4-5 hours of gameplay and then just stopped.... I found the newer v1.25 version of the mod and so far it's working. :) :) :) Hope it stays that way...

Yeah, I know, that's why I tried it to see if it works (and it did), someone has to test it... and that mod is a must have. It's not only great for over water but also over land/hills because it terraforms the ground. Good thing I only started the city before the crash happened.