1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities XXL XXL Not working (mods missing message)

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Monty, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Monty

Monty Governor

Today the community mod and furniture pack were deleted from Steam Workshop for unknown reasons. If you can't run the game try this:

1.Download the community mod and furniture pack from this site. Place both patch files in your Paks/mods folder.
    Dependency - Cities XXL Community Mod | XLNation - Cities XXL
    Dependency - XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack | XLNation - Cities XXL

Go to this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\313010

Delete all the folders there.

It did the trick for me.

2. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Thanks Monty.

3. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

ewood14 likes this.
  4. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

do we really want to delete everything in that directory? I think each of us needs to look inside first to see what mods we subscribed to on steam for XXL and maybe move the patches to our mod folder?

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like Steam has removed all those mods posted by that user who had no right to post other peoples mods. Maybe the dependencies were deleted by accident?

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Unskilled Worker

I followed the advice here and now my game will run but I cannot load my city. I get the missing content warning - subscribe to missing content and exit doesn't work and 'load at own risk' causes a crash while attempting to load my city. Seems like some content was deleted from the workshop and my city requires it to load.

Any ideas?

7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

thanks Monty I had same issue, so pretty much just did what you say and xxl now fires up again, lost all my other saves though, not sure why. hand not played for a while and when i first started a xxl it went through the games agreement details like it was a new install. Fark know this game hasn't' changed lol.

Monty likes this.
  8. Jamezinho

So does anyone know which mods were deleted from the workshop?

9. ronrn

ronrn Governor

You may find a clue in your pc's program folder, since the mods in question may have been deleted verses unsubscribed. Mods here are assigned an item number, not sure how to translate that to a name.
    check here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content

Jamezinho likes this.
  10. Monty

Monty Governor

The community mod and the furniture park were probably deleted by Steam from your mods folder. Maybe something else, if you installed other mods from Steam. Check the game's log file, it may give you a clue about which files the game can't find.

Jamezinho likes this.
  11. Monty

Monty Governor

That's strange. Mine also got a "update". It said dowloaded "5.5GB". I guess it downloaded the game again, I don't know. But my "cities", which are nothing but test maps still there.

12. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Also for your info the steam old ID for the community mod patch was : id=347768408

not sure what the Furniture Dependency ID was as I didn't upload any mods to steam using that,
    maybe someone who did link to it might still have an old link in their steam description, where you can find the id number to debug anything.

Altiris wouldn't of removed it would he?, prb just some steam guy who accidently deleted the wrong mod. when deleting others. I didn't even get to see those ones that got deleted? what where they and by who?

13. Jamezinho

Thanks. Had a look at the log and I have a feeling this is the missing content (although the CXXL version obviously):

Retail - 4 Mile Takeaway Store | XLNation - Cities XXL

It's no longer available on the Steam Workshop. Didn't realise it was dodgy content but it's definitely used in my city.

14. Monty

Monty Governor

That's not dodgy content. it just got deleted for some reason. You still can use it, it won't cause any problem.

Jamezinho likes this.
  15. Jamezinho

I don't have a backup but just tried the CXL version and all is well. I can load my city. Phew!

kipate likes this.
  16. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 347768408
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 374893084
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 375185874
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 375194163
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 375200971
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 381064686
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 392711081
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 396917588
    [2015-09-17 08:53:17] Detected workshop change for AppID 313010 : removing unsubscribed item 396925121

17. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Complete list of all Steam/XXL(2015) mod item numbers.
    I've attached a plain text file that contains all CURRENT id numbers that Steam uses to identify mods posted in the workshop.
    Sorry, I could not find the ones that were deleted, but this list may be useful in the future(not saying that Steam would ever mess things up again).

To check for any item #s I may have missed or to update a list just:
    -Open the Steam Workshop.
    -At the bottom right of the page, click "see all ## Items".
    -Right click anywhere on the loaded page and click "View Source...." in the dropdown menu.
    An "xxxx.tmp.text" file will open and there you will find the Item #s and complete descriptions of all the mods on that page.

Attached Files:

IcyHot and Jamezinho like this.
  18. thefriendlyarab

thefriendlyarab Unskilled Worker

Did this. For some reason my language is in thai. Can't figure how to fix it. I verified integrity of cache and tried resetting it in steam

19. gcyzidane

gcyzidane Executive

I followed the advice here and now my game will run but I cannot load my city. I get the missing content warning - subscribe to missing content and exit doesn't work and 'load at own risk' causes a crash while attempting to load my city. Seems like some content was deleted from the workshop and my city requires it to load.

Any ideas?

20. ronrn

ronrn Governor

As far as I know, replacing the missing content(mods) is the only way. Trial and error or just install them all. Get them all here instead of the steam subscription. Then be sure to back up the mods folder. I back up a current mods folder with each city backup so they will "match", even though it takes up a lot of disk space.

javier likes this.