1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2 2.5

XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.5

1. madounet

madounet Vagabond

Sorry its for english road ?

2. hongkongcy19

hongkongcy19 Vagabond

:doh: With the Community Mod 2.0 .....this RHM crashed my game several times...

3. OmniBLACK

OmniBLACK Elite

Here are steps that will help.

1. Unsubscribe the Community Mod that is in the Steam Workshop.

2. Download the Community Mod 2.0 or higher from here.

3. Download the RHM 2.0 for XXL from here.

4. Load game-Load city.

5. Click the bottom button "Custom Content" button.

6. Click the Highways button.

If done correctly it should be there, hope this has been helpful.
    Happy RHM'ing!

4. cank3r

cank3r Vagabond

It's there a tutorial? something is wrong with how the puzzles pieces are "attaching" to each other in my game, they look like two different things.

5. x3joe

x3joe Skilled Worker

I've done the steps, have the latest mods but it's just not appearing. Just to confirm, I'm talking about english roads with RHM

6. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

You aren't doing anything wrong. This happens when you connect an RHM road with RHM bridge. Don't know why, it's just the way it is. To avoid this, continue with RHM bridge until a connector (interchange).

7. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

I get 'ground error' when trying to build an elevated highway when thrying to connect the bridge to the surfaced highway. I never experienced this in XL. Anybody else hav this problem?

8. wilalc

wilalc Vagabond

in mine doesnt appear too, my version is in portuguese...

9. Kurtis Edwards

Where are all the missing ramp connectors? It seems like half are missing, for instance, the 2,3,4,5 lane ramp connector pieces that just split off, not the ones with their own independent ramp lane.

10. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

The Highway Signs work only with Default roads? Any way how to edit tag to let it work with other roads too?

11. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yes i noticed that problem. thats obviously caused by some weird changes in cxxl. ill do some experiments and see if i can fix that issue. no promises ;)

you can send me the patch file or post a link, maybe i can add them to the rhm-fix mentioned above. well of course i can only do that if its made by the same author as rhm (pitty).
    to do it yourself copy-paste the default-road-class-file to country-specific-roads and change name and the tag "LocalChoice_default" to "LocalChoice_us/de/fr/uk"...

to everyone who says rhm is not appearing:
    you need the latest community mod and in-game make sure to trigger custom-content button
    (or you are playing with uk-roads)

do you play with uk-roads?
    or can you provide a picture of the missing ones? (from platinum or sth)

12. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

Hello! Thank u for reply! This is the link : http://xlnation.city/resources/us-highway-signs-rhm2.1183/

Those US signs suppose to replace the german one. I've noticed that in RHM XXL the german signs appear only in default roads. Would it be possible to edit the tags the way we could have both -German and US signs ingame?
    That would be cool!

13. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah of course it would.. but i dont want it to end up in a shitload of signs in the menu...
    i think ill add the us-signs to us- and default roads, and german signs to french- and german roads (uk is not supported by rhm :p )
    well, ill see what i can do, no promises :p priority has the fix of bridge issues ;)
    (just to make it clear: im not the original author of rhm)

Costanza likes this.
  14. mrmajkl

mrmajkl Unskilled Worker

You are the star :) That make sence what you are suggesting ;) loads of signs in menu ... might be possible also to sort out that US signs could appear without using custom content button and German one with using custom content button ;) just an idea! Thanks man!

15. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

ok i did a lot of testing with different altitude values
    i can make bridges work, but if, tunnels wont work anymore
    and i guess thats a map-related issue; btw. ingame-bridges have a similar issue
    so you guys need to write angry letters to fhi to get this fixed :p
    in my opinion they should completely remove this stupid "foundation too low; too high" thingy anyway

mrmajkl likes this.
  16. Kurtis Edwards

I use US roads, MR X2. I tired finding pictures of the connector icons but could not. I used XL2012 before, Platinum wouldn't install because of some product key. The connector pieces were used to make a ramp without giving up a fast lane. Example: 2 lanes would have a ramp lane come out of the right lane, instead of the right lane being the ramp lane. Follow?

17. Kurtis Edwards

I am pretty certain I didn't any custom connectors, their shading and tone were always off, and only used the existing RHM 2 in XL2012.

18. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

That's too bad. I agree with you, no point in messing with it if tunnels can no longer be built :p FHI feedback time lol (maybe tomorrow...)

19. wcpaeb

wcpaeb Executive

I am pretty sure that the connectors you are talking about are the ones of the RHM Addon 1.01 mod

(http://xlnation.city/resources/rhm-addon.601/)

20. pblack76

pblack76 Vagabond

I find i can use normal bridges with pharmist's bridge height experiment v 1.25 set at 0 height to connect to the RHM interchange pieces, then change them to RHM lanes when they're done. that removes the minimum height problem, but you can only connect to 2-4 or 5 lanes, (road, small and large avenue bridges). Thank you very much for the option to change normal bridges to RHM :)