1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2 2.5

XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.5

1. Kurtis Edwards

2. Ahmad Shahzad

Ahmad Shahzad Vagabond

Athmo

U r genious.

3. Mikeysaurus07

Mikeysaurus07 Vagabond

where does this patch go? Do I add this with the origional MOD file as well?

4. Danil

Danil Vagabond

5. wcpaeb

wcpaeb Executive

I have edited the tags from the RHM addon 1.01 (http://xlnation.city/resources/rhm-addon.601/)so now the connectors can be used in XXL. Not sure if i can upload the .patch file, because i am not the original author of the mod, i just altered the tags in the .class files so the connectors can be visible in the correct menu. I couldn't find the author's name here in the member's list of the site, so maybe alvinheriadi isn't active any more, i don't know.

gamescreen0001.jpg

I can always give the file to an admin/mod so they can upload it here.

6. Kurtis Edwards

You should find a way to bring it to everyone for XXL. Those connectors make building complex systems a lot easier. You don't have to have too many of those bulky lane reducers pieces. The old patch isn't usable in XXL.

7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Use my example from 122 Leadenhall -- http://xlnation.city/resources/122-leadenhall-street.1263/ I fixed a shader issue and tags on that patch file. The original creator of the nod is no longer active at XLNation (hence the owner being "XL Nation Staff"). Go ahead and upload your new patch file to the proper area duplicating the original text. Do something similar with the "green text" in my example to explain what you did. Once its uploaded PM me so I can then change the Author from your name back to "XL Nation Staff." That will satisfy the community and ensure we are not stealing others work.

In a nutshell
    • Resources assigned to "XL Nation Staff" are inactive authors. These mods can be updated to work with Cities XXL, though you must copy and paste the original posting and photos in your new update.
    • Make sure and let me or a moderator know after you upload the updated resource so that the author can be reassigned back to "XL Nation Staff"
    • All other mods at XL Nation are active authors with registered accounts, so changing their work without permission is not allowed.

Mr.X² likes this.
  8. Mikeysaurus07

Mikeysaurus07 Vagabond

I would love to add this to my XXL but I have the RHM2.exe file and the XXL_RHM2-MrX2-Edit-3.patch files, but where do I put them. Sorry to be a newbie , thought maybe PAKS folder in XXL but thought I'd ask first. Thank you so much for any information!

9. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

thats correct, place the patch file into paks folder of cxxl;
    the exe file is for platinum/2012/2011 only

10. Buri

Buri Vagabond

When i make a big roundabout with bridges/elevated road and try to put down a plaza (tree/forrest or whatever) in the holes between the elevated roads, the plaza connects wierdly and creates hills etc, is this a Plaza problem or problem with RHM2, since i did not have this issue in Cities XL Platinum.

11. Kurtis Edwards

I am wishing for a MOD that might correct this. I like to trace my bridges with a ped path below to create a boundary that the plaza will work with; sometimes you can create paths under the bridge to force the plaza to do what you want. I downloaded a greenlife/tree mod so I can place individual trees in places to mask the lack of plaza under the bridge. I am working on a large sunken freeway, like here in Detroit, it is tedious but looking great.
    gamescreen0001.jpg

12. Buri

Buri Vagabond

I will certainly look up the greenlife/tree mod, because on your picture it do look great!

However, i notice that the tree looks extremely bad at a certain zoom, was this also in Platinum?
    They get smudged out and its confusing looking at them!

Your T intersection highway looks awesome by the way, im still learning :)

13. Mikeysaurus07

Mikeysaurus07 Vagabond

Thank you so much!!

14. Kurtis Edwards

Yeah, the trees are trees. I am not completely happy with them either. BTW, be careful when placing them... they do not delete, or I am having a problem.

15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yeah be very careful if you use individual trees or any other no collision mod. You can easily move the item underground without realising it. then you can never delete it.

also I found areas with a reduced expand width make it easier to fill in areas under some bridges etc.

16. Mikeysaurus07

Mikeysaurus07 Vagabond

works perfect!

17. notadr

notadr Vagabond

Can you please assist me? I have been playing with this all morning, and for some reason when I use highways, building complain that they are unable to connect to City Hall. My city is huge and has tons of grids, and thusly should have no trouble making a connection. These seem to be directly caused by use of the highway mod roads. Here are two photos I took to help illustrate. In the second one, the yellow line is what I assume is the direct path from the water to the city hall. I'm at my wit's end here.. and would really appreciate help. Thank you in advance.

https://flic.kr/p/rgYyuc
    https://flic.kr/p/qZqXCQ

18. ronrn

ronrn Governor

From the Cities XXL Manual:

"Highways: These have greater capacity than normal roads. However, you cannot place

buildings next to a highway and they can only be built as «curved» roads."

The same goes for RHM Highways.

jeremyy.17__ and notadr like this.
  19. notadr

notadr Vagabond

That is extremely helpful. Thank you :)

20. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

You seem to have built highway lanes going in only one direction. To make a connection to city hall you must make sure you can travel both to and from city hall to ensure proper connection. Try using the single carriage-way (traffic going in both directions) option and see if it helps you :)