1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2 2.5

XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.5

1. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

you may want to read through this thread and figure out things about that issue ;)
    what i can say: its map related; so using another map can fix it :)
    or maybe try barrakoda's version.. he made some changes (i didnt try it yet or had a look at what is changed)

2. barrakoda

barrakoda Unskilled Worker

From what I can tell, what I did works on all maps. I'm going to change up the localization stuff though, so it is backwards compatible and doesn't break existing RHM users. I'll post again when I get there

3. OokamiChan

OokamiChan Unskilled Worker

Well I can see that both MrX2 and barrakoda have the same messy layout files that produce two tracks on top of each other, so that you get cars that drive through each other.

It's in the empty.layout file where all important data should be.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

And in the normal road.layout file you can use HERIT to copy the date from the empty.layout file.
    But if you want to use another furniture or new location of plug. The skip HERIT tag and enter the new data in the tags.
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Pitty used both herit and all the data in his layout file, and that is way one get two cars driving on different tracks that is on the same location. So when the road starts to fill up one can see cars drive through each other.

Regards
    OokamiChan

4. ste.sax

ste.sax Skilled Worker

I have problem with the connectors . When I select them do not appear in the cursor to place them ... how they fit ? There are no guides or tutorials ? thank you

5. lnomsim

lnomsim Skilled Worker

Did you install the XXL_RHM2-MrX2-Edit-3.patch or use the exe ?

6. ste.sax

ste.sax Skilled Worker

7. city fiend

city fiend Elite

I have same problem, it won't let me build elevated or bridge at ground level. If by chance it does turn green to allow placement there's a tunnel over the road even though its above ground.

8. barrakoda

barrakoda Unskilled Worker

Back on page 5, give my version a try. I fixed that issue.

9. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

Hey!

I'm sorry, I mesnt to write back earlier. The fix kept crashing my game because I use the CM 2.4... Can you update the fix to be compatible with this update? I'll give it another go when it's up :)

10. Ichlas Cahya Binengkas

how to make it work?

11. Ichlas Cahya Binengkas

where i can download community mod 2.0?

12. Ichlas Cahya Binengkas

I do not have the mods folder. please help.

13. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

You can put the files directly into your pak folder, or if you'd like, simply create a folder named 'mods' to better keep track of your third party mods.

14. lgsella

lgsella Skilled Worker

Gentlemans (and eventual ladies that may appear), i would like to do some sugestions for the RHM that could let this mod even better than it is. It's a feedback of an user and, at same time, a requestion cause i'm not a modder due to lack of knowledge and time.

When building, i often miss some items (mostly connectors) that, i believe, would make the mod and game experience much better:

1) More elevated connectors: 1>2, 2>3, 3>4... and elevated exits and entrances for all number of lanes
    2) Left side exits and entrances for all kind of HW: \\|| //||
    3) More options of number of lanes in exits and entraces: ||||| - ||/// or |||| - |///
    4) Possiblity to split roads (turn a 5 lanes HW into 5 independent lanes, for example)
    5) Elevated HW with 3, 4 and 5 lanes. There are bridges like this, but bridges has larger pillars
    6) Possibility of reversing the direction of a HW after builded

Well... I really don't know if these sugestions are able to be done, but here stays my indications. Whether someone have patience and is willing to do them, it would be awesome!

Sorry about any writing mistake. Maybe my english is too bad :D

15. boy1deris

boy1deris Vagabond

Yes... it is great work RHM but still we are facing problem for tunnels so anybody have it's solution here ?

I'm back on this game once again after almost two years

16. Kurtis Edwards

I have a question I don't think has been mentioned. When I use RHM, the existing, in-game freeways disappear. I hit the highway menu and it's empty until I turn on individual placement, which turns on RHM. It's not that big of a deal until you want to make an outside connection. In previous versions, if you paused the game you could place a exit and return connection... but now you can't place both because the connection links up while in pause. That doesn't bother me other than the fact that the existing highway isn't usable. I can only connect with a two-lane bi-direction highway or a highway bridge MOD that doesn't show as highway but as a reg. road.

I am using the most up-to-date Com. Mod. I have RHM for XXL and the Add-on, I would use a streetlight MOD for RHM but Ive never been able to get that to work before.

Sorry... One more thing. The existing highways in my game do not have any exit pieces.. only y-interchanges and a clover-leaf. Is this normal?

17. ronrn

ronrn Governor

In the Filter Panel re-set Size/Transportation/Fast Lanes selectors all to "none" and the in game freeway menu will show again.
    and Yes, y-interchanges and a clover-leafs are the limits of the in game freeways.

18. Kurtis Edwards

It's something with Americans roads and what not, at least in my case. I wish it was as simple as the filter re-set. However, using default did the trick and showed me I was missing a bunch of decorations. I am just using default from here on out. I don't know why I always use American... maybe because that's the actual default setting in my game; the 'default' selection is all the way at the bottom of the list.

19. Costanza

Costanza Skilled Worker

Hey again!

Did you get a chance to look into a new version of your fix? I am really eager to try your RHM fix, but can't because the fix is for an older version of the CM. Any way you could update it?

20. LARRY WASHTON

LARRY WASHTON Unskilled Worker

when your updtate please it have bug when fix this it not work