1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Xxl Rio City

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by skullz613, Feb 10, 2015.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

This is my fourth city in XXL that I had been working on. The other three were during the beta stage. This one I'm putting a bit of effort into even though I'm itching to fire up CXL 2012 and use the mods I'm missing.

I'm using the Rio map for this one. I'm pretty stoked with the performance of XXL as I'm building this city. What I'm really shocked with was the speed it took to do a mega render. I set the first one off and waited for a bit and suddenly noticed everything was moving. I checked the mega screenshot folder and there is was. I then set all the graphic settings up high and tried postcard view and was surprised that I could move the camera around pretty quickly without to much pausing.

Anyway here's a few screens.

XXL01.jpg

XXL02.jpg
    XXL03.jpg
    Since XXL is rock solid I should be able to finish a city for a change :)

2. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Very nice, Skullz. I think you've got a keeper here. Plus, the graphics are so intense compared to cxl, don't you think?

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

There is definitely a difference.

4. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

I can definitely see it too. A small tweak in the shader, the sky ceilling, and the overall look is much better.

I like the composition. Thought I don't remember those farms. I'm right behind that hill. Chilling like barbecue at 40c. :p

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's an update. I've done a bit more since the screenshot though.

update.jpg

I'll follow this one through to the end just to see how XXL will perform on my PC with a large population. I have xboost on my ASrock motherboard and turned it on for the first time the other day. I was quite surprised how much it helped XXL. I think I will try it with CXL 2012 as well.

6. MauricioRP

MauricioRP Unskilled Worker

wowow wonderful. :)

7. veija2

veija2 Mayor

@skullz613, even better, snake ;) (sorry guys). I'd say, Saint-Julien-du-Verdon region, France? Hope to see more.

8. kipate

kipate Governor

Now, as I recently accidentally crossed the 750 comments mark, I can tell what I wanted to say already earlier: you have a magnificent landscape, and I guess you do live in a middle sized city in NZ? Though, well, even Auckland is rather just a conglomeration of extensive suburbs and a rather small CBD. Was it not that people were allowed to have a quarter of an acre of space for a living?
    Anyways, keep up the awesome work on that city, just maybe you could try to embellish the river side with some boats and tiny buildings and camping sides, what do you think?

9. Robert john

Robert john Vagabond

look at mine :) cxl_screenshot_johny de jenairo_3.jpg

skullz613 and kipate like this.