1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Yet Another City

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by skullz613, Nov 13, 2014.

1. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

MAP: The Wetlands

I decided to make a thread as this one is doing OK. I have the odd crash every hour.

I will be posting random pictures as I build it. No fancy Photoshop adjustments yet until its at a stage worthy enough for a CJ.
    I'm not using any particular city style so don't ask what style it is. I'm using the Japanese roads because I like them.

Oh and regarding the trees. Here in New Zealand when it's autumn, we still have lots of evergreen trees so we have a cool mixture of green, red and yellow trees. That does not mean I'm basing my city on New Zealand cities.

I may make two city areas, one each side of the map with a few small towns.

City area one
    Newcity02.jpg

Close up of the city center.
    Newcity03.jpg
    Park area with a lake.
    Newcity01.jpg

The Funky Monk and kipate like this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

I like this little town already a lots;
    just a slight suggestion to make the little pond
    looking more realistic:
    Try to sink the area in between the ped paths by using some
    5 meter wide path. Then use market plazas of OWP mod by Asterian to
    downelevate the area within the 5m wide ped path, then place water plaza there,
    then delete the 5m plaza and "connect" 10m wide ped paths and the water plaza
    with increasing greenery plazas...
    Hopefully it is understandable, I often write things such that only I understand them...

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Kipate. I tried using the dig tool to drop one level but it makes it to low. Also the water plaza just puts the level back up to normal. I will try your method on a new pond/lake first before attempting to adjust the one I made.

kipate likes this.
  4. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

I only know one way to make a pond, I place a medieval stone in to the downelevated area and then use the chinese water plaza (well it say asphalt in thumbnail but it looks like water :D ), then delete the stone
    that stone like holding the plaza to raise ground to normal and somehow only that water plaza that work...
    You can maybe try another object then stone and water plaza

I'm keen to see Your cj soon...

Attached Files:

kipate likes this.
  5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you point me to the plaza your talking about? Is it here on the XLEX?

6. Nogerivan

Nogerivan Governor

oh well I thought it was on xln..
    this was it on sccn, I'm extract the dds and it looks same
    Code:
    http://simcity.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=117874&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D236
    there is a link on 1st comment with pan.baidu link to it

kipate likes this.
  7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the link. I did not have that one. I'll test it out later tonight.

8. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Something is triggering a crash roughly every 10 minutes. I'm using the patch that adjusts the automatic save to every hour. There's entries in the log that shows that the game is making partial saves every few minutes so maybe the patch is the cause. I have further testing to do today.
    I don't want to give up on this city as a lot of work has gone into it.

kipate likes this.
  9. RealCity

RealCity Executive

Your crash may due to the taxi depot mod you placed in in your city. Once had it, and crash like every 10min. Another mod that might cause your game crash is a parking mod called small parking lot, you place it, everything seems fine, but after a while the game crash with auto saving.

10. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the tips RealCity. I take them out and see what happens.

11. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well I removed the taxi mod and then took out all the small parking lots. I managed to play for 23 minutes. It did not crash, I just backed out of the game. The next step is to put the taxi stand back in without the small parking lots and run the game so see if its causing the problem. If that's OK then it might be the small parking lots as others have had issues with them.

12. RealCity

RealCity Executive

Excellent. Let me know which mod caused your crash.

13. Peter912

Peter912 Elite

I think its most likely to the small parking to cause the crash - I had no problems so far with the taxi depot.

14. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I put the Taxi Mod back into the city and the game ran for nearly an hour before crashing.
    I took it out and the game ran for only 9 minutes. This time I think something else triggered the crash because the game did run fine without the Taxi Mod.
    I'll be testing the small parking lot today.

15. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

I like the city so far! I love the atmosphere and the buildings you chose for the city. Keep it up (y)
    EDIT: It might be the parking lot mod as said above, but I don't really know. But I hope you'll be able to manage it :)

16. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

This city is still alive. There is still a few of supersnakes parking mod somewhere in it that I have to remove yet. Its got much bigger now than what the screens show in my post post. I've been busy with the bootleg map competition so have not done much to this city.

17. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Great to hear that the problem is almost fixed! Can we please have some screens of your city now that it is much bigger? :rolleyes: Anyways, if you feel like you want to do the Bootleg City instead, its fine, your Bootleg City also looks awesome. :)

18. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll see if I can get some screens done later. I need to load it up anyway to find those parking lots and remove them. Then I can remove the mod.

19. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Alright I see, good luck, mate. :)