1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Your Cities- Post Some Photos Here!

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by kipate, Sep 15, 2014.

1. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Meanwhile, across the river,

cxl_screenshot_aille_67.jpg

Monty, SeptianAjie, mrmnts and 2 others like this.
  2. Inan

Inan Governor

Awesome! A really nice placement of the SOH with those greeneries and pier! Looks lovely!

veija2 likes this.
  3. ezekiel

ezekiel Executive

Yeah. I've completely forgotten what the base game was like. know it involved tokenssss.......annnd unlocking stuff. After a while I realized I just wanted a game that would let me make realistic landscapes that reminded me of where I grew up, so I could improve them.
    I don't want arbitrary goals and restrictions for the sake of game play progression. I just want a canvas and every tool and color at my disposal.
    I remember my first game where I was so excited when I unlocked the Chrysler building, and my city looked like a chaotic mess of roads and disjointed neighborhoods. The game for me was just placing shit so I could unlock more buildings, so I could have everything accessible to create whatever I wanted.

mrmnts likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

I am actually glad that I got away of just placing stuff; at least at parts I can create what I want.
    No collision for me is still the number one tool to create nice looking custom made stuff...

ezekiel and mrmnts like this.
  5. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

I think these late entries should be on a separate thread, so I'm creating one "tribute to the modders" at the Watering Hole section.

6. ezekiel

ezekiel Executive

gamescreen0454.jpg

SeptianAjie and kipate like this.
  7. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

@ kipate : tell me more about those tunnels, please...!!!

8. kipate

kipate Governor

I will try at the end of next week (exams). In short: the tunnel is a furniture mod made by @Monty (not yet published). Please do not beg him to release it, otherwise he will come to my place, and then hasta la vista, kipate... :D

But of course, that mod does not do the whole work, it is also a lot of work with no collision and bridges...

9. SeptianAjie

SeptianAjie Executive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nuocsuoi, Monty, Kitsunebi and 2 others like this.
  10. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Very clever development, nicely done. What map is this?

11. kipate

kipate Governor

[​IMG]

ezekiel, Pepino, Monty and 2 others like this.
  12. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Very nice city and amazing railway station, if i can give you an advice, for the railways you could fill the gap at the intersection with a darker/brown plaza, it will look better^^

kipate likes this.
  13. dan83

dan83 Vagabond

Hi I am sorry for my English dan I just signed up and you welcomed to this site extra
    for my part I downloaded an archive and it is empty it binds as a patch but no possibilitée to execute and open with anything

14. kipate

kipate Governor

Ha, seems like I am having luxury problems (problèmes de luxe (?)).
    Thank you nonetheless. I guess I will try to connect the tracks in Photoshop when I will ever have finished the city :rolleyes:

Do you have new projects going on, now that the Gonaïves Map seems to be filled by you?
    Maybe the other extreme, an ultra-rich town in South Korea or Japan?

15. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

I 've just started a futuristic city on inlet map but for now i'm working on Laadwadesh, there is still work to do :)
    I also thought about making a chinese city..
    Yes PS can be a good solution for rail tracks, we really need the developers to create railways xD

kipate likes this.
  16. ronrn

ronrn Governor

You can lap the tracks half & half for a little more realism.
    Start with one track and add tracks exponentially, as many as you want, then reduce them back again.
    Only down side is the "single" dead end tracks at the ends. Looks good when a building and/or barracade is placed there or hidden under an overpass.
    Can sometimes be a real pain in the butt to align properly.
    tracks.jpg

Clemech4 and kipate like this.
  17. kipate

kipate Governor

Yeah, I know the video @ronrn ... The problem is that I have to plan on a small scale.
    For your idea, you need at least 30 metres of distance, if not more. That is too much...

Edit: at least I had to plan so for the switchyard...

18. ezekiel

ezekiel Executive

19. chupobumbo

chupobumbo Executive

Ok, I'll try to keep control and to be patient... :gru::agnes2:

20. wozzeck

wozzeck Unskilled Worker

Hey there. My european capital keeps growing slowly. I've overcome some technical problems thank to Monty but I still have challenges ahead, like building a simple but realistic highway system or my back problems, which this game isn't helping. Again, every comment is welcome. Feel free to be picky. cxl_screenshot_alesco_14.jpg

cxl_screenshot_alesco_24.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_29.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_21.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_18.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_17.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_11.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_15.jpg cxl_screenshot_alesco_13.jpg

nuocsuoi, ezekiel, mrmnts and 3 others like this.