1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Cities- Post Some Photos Here!

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by kipate, Sep 15, 2014.

1. brendonwright1989

Hi Mr.X

It's a combination of things - firstly to draw the map lines etc, I just use Paint. The text and other things come in Publisher.
    The hard part is the first step - actually getting the print-screens off the game & stitching it together (because it's not perfectly aligned otherwise) and making sure that when you go over it in paint, the lines are all the same orientation - I learned that the hard way because the first map I did of this was all on different angles, I was unaware that taking a screenshot from the highest point in the game actually distorts the edges so it's not a true 'satellite' photo.

Also important to note that the eventual base image of stitching all the satellite images together to make it right is about 12500 x 11500 pixels, so it's quite large.

2. kipate

kipate Governor

Holy fuck, that's quite a masterpiece, fucking awesome job (y)
    But didn't you say there would be an airport coming, too? :p

Miguel likes this.
  3. brendonwright1989

Hi Kipate - yes there's an airstrip or aerodrome in the far northeast - it's on that map, though back in 68 it was a primitive airstrip, now it's a lot more sophisticated :ROFLMAO: I just need to do final touches on the actual game, take some good screenshots and then do a CJ - I just really wanted to do something different and creative and always liked planning maps.

kipate likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, honestly, I would love your CJ even without an airport, all the realism that one can see in the screenshots given already make me eyegasm :LOL:

brendonwright1989 likes this.
  5. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Just finished the shipyard
    cxl_screenshot_dara_77 (2).jpg cxl_screenshot_dara_80 (2).jpg

Next, in top-middle, going for a harbor that handle minerals in bulk. If someone tried something like this, can you post some pictures, please. cxl_screenshot_dara_78 (2).jpg

Myname, Lokentaz, selodinger and 5 others like this.
  6. Kris2604

Kris2604 Executive

A small picture of my city! The past two months did not have time for the game unfortunately due to a lot of real life stuffs, but now finally started the small CBD zone. The city is growing little by little. cxl_screenshot_krislovsk_29.jpg

7. Miguel

Miguel Governor

Hey guys, Finally I managed to get some spare time. And guess what, I was playing cities xl again. Yeahhhhh :ROFLMAO::love:

Just take a look inside the spoiler bellow:
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

Have fun ;)

Peter912, Razox, Kris2604 and 5 others like this.
  8. brendonwright1989

Sun, sand, surf & stunning babes are at Longshore, the southeastern tip of the Southcliffe Peninsula fronting the pristine waters of the Marine Sea. Life on the beach has never been more blissful!

[​IMG]

Miguel, Jotaere, Lokentaz and 8 others like this.
  9. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Long time no see in here.

I've just started building a mid-sized, modest harbour city which has slightly over 80000 inhabitants. As always, there will be rural areas around the city however haven't started to build them yet. The city's images will be posted in further progress.

Also if you have any suggestions or advices please let me know.

Here is the latest images.
    cxl_screenshot_serez_9.jpg cxl_screenshot_serez_10.jpg cxl_screenshot_serez_12.jpg

kipate and Kris2604 like this.
  10. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Hello again :)

I have make time for building my modest harbor town which is named Serez. In course of time, some buildings which I didn't like was removed. Also avoided using all kind of architectural styles, just picked a few of them and synthesized. I tried to characterise my fictional country's architecture and it would appear that I achieved. The latest image is attached below.

cxl_screenshot_serez_33.jpg

OmniBLACK, Miguel, Peter912 and 6 others like this.
  11. Kris2604

Kris2604 Executive

cxl_screenshot_krislovsk_52.jpg

12. selodinger

selodinger Governor

Working on the trade port, just began a week ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)
    cxl_screenshot_dalman_8.jpg

Jotaere, kipate, Project_Oz and 3 others like this.
  13. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

The city of the Future New Paris
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Jotaere, Ammar Shaker and kipate like this.
  14. Ammar Shaker

Ammar Shaker Elite

The interchange was good (y)

15. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

[​IMG]
    Just remembered how everyone else does this with the pictures.... Unfinished Project.... New Paris.. Central District

Myname and kipate like this.
  16. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

gamescreen0453.jpg
    I'm not used to post WIP stuff, but here is a view of one of my current projects: a hispanic colonial island with several small townships ^^

Miguel, Jotaere, Clemech4 and 5 others like this.
  17. kipate

kipate Governor

Nice (y) I like the harbour a lot :) but a six lanes avenue? Okay, okay... my Caribbean island has a four lanes highway... so :whistle:

18. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Thank you ^^ and I know... it's meant to be a highway circle around the island, similar to Tenerife :p

kipate likes this.
  19. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, but the highway circle on Tenerife has only four lanes and is placed mostly outside of the villages :D

20. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, something new by myself… still a lot to do^^
    gamescreen0163.jpg
    gamescreen0164.jpg

Miguel, Lokentaz, Clemech4 and 3 others like this.