1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Inn

Discussion in 'City Photos' started by Project_Oz, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Thank you. I tried to combine the buildings as you do but the computer won't let me. So I try with nature. Besides that, I really like to build farms and landscapes.

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
    At the speed with which I'm building, I think I'll finish the city in 5-6 years.

2. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

From this.... cxl_screenshot_inn_139).jpg

.....to this
    cxl_screenshot_inn_141).jpg

I hope to be able to replicate the farms on the right but on a larger scale
    cxl_screenshot_inn_142).jpg

kipate likes this.
  3. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I hoped to finish this year with the farm area, but I am very happy with this as well. I don't know what it's called in English, maybe tunnel, but I've been looking for a method to do it for a long time. cxl_screenshot_inn_152 (2).jpg

cxl_screenshot_inn_143 (2).jpg

kipate likes this.
  4. kipate

kipate Governor

Oh I love those semi-closed tunnels, really great idea! I hope we will see some scenic screenshots soon?!?! :xllove:

5. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

A very difficult choice
    cxl_screenshot_inn_181 (2).jpg cxl_screenshot_inn_178 (2).jpg

kipate likes this.
  6. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Inn - Farm area cxl_screenshot_inn_191.jpg

kipate likes this.
  7. kipate

kipate Governor

Excellent work on the terraces, as well as the fields, they look fantastic. I really like how you cared about all the details, for example the tiny tree lines next to the fields. What bugs me a bit are those large silos. I would reduce their number to maybe one or two. Also I don't think it's realistic to put them in a standalone mode. Usually, you have auxiliary buildings around such silos.

8. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

Hello and thanks for the comment. For me to, there are to many silos, but it seems that I cannot build the city without thinking about how efficient the farms should be. In order to satisfy the farms need for silos, I saw that I needed many silos and rather than to build the same silo from game, i decided to built the large silos. The first silo from the bottom was the first one i built and I know it's a total failure, but everything looks different after you destroy the roads and replace them with plazas. To restore the farms after destroying the roads is very difficult, you better start from a previous save so that's why it's there. At the Siloz in the middle, I tried not to separate the buildings from the farm with a road, but to make a small transition between the buildings and the farm. There as well i tried to make a complex around the silo, but I couldn't find the right buildings. All the buildings in the game are too big, which made the complex look too big compared with the nearby village. I would need some small buildings to create the complex but at the same time to maintain the large size of the silo compared to the village (I thought of building with no collision mod as well, but in the past I had problems with that mod so i don't tried). I think the upper silo turned out the best. Maybe I should build a house next door. I will see what I can do in the next area and I will consider your suggestions.

kipate likes this.
  9. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

These are the last pictures. I didn't like how the transition from the farmland to the city turned out. I wanted to test another idea for the city and I thought of loading start over so that I don't have so much lag. It seems that start over deletes all saves:bash: cxl_screenshot_inn_202 (2).jpg cxl_screenshot_inn_200 (2).jpg cxl_screenshot_inn_189 (2).jpg

kipate and Drazicdesign like this.
  10. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Superb and beautiful countryside! (y)(y)(y)

It's a shame that these are the last photos!

11. kipate

kipate Governor

Maybe you can use the Sav or Savsav files to get back to the old version? :/

12. Project_Oz

Project_Oz Mayor

I have already started to rebuild the city