1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

A seam became visible after adding a bump map

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by Immort_al, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Thank u for your help! Do u still want to make a version with a red or titled roof? Then I could wait for them before to upload this mod here

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

I don't know.. Maybe you could find proper red roof texture, I would export red roof versions too. Currently don't have much time browsing for textures. Or use that version I quickly made....

3. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Hello again to everyone! Now i'm working on factories 19th century and have this problem:
    error.jpg

This is what i did
    error2.jpg
    First i made a 20*20 building, then decided to transform it to 20*40 building, by copying polys from lods of 20*20 building because i am too lazy to make a new building and make again UVW mapping instead of using finished polys. The Lod 3 is fine, while a lod 2 has above shown error in the viewer. And it doesnt seem that is about normales. Does anybody know what could be a reason of this problem?
    P.S. the roof that is visible in viewer copied from transformed 20*40 lod3, while the unvisible polis are copied from lod2 of firs made 20*20 building, maybe that is a key to find a solution to fix this problem

Mr. Sky likes this.
  4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

for some weird reason you cannot copy objects to other lods.. renaming and everything else does not solve invisibility.. had a lot of trouble with europost redit by doing this..
    do the following:
    - select lod1 or 3 of your old building (depends on which way you prefer)
    - copy facades and all objects you need to your new buildings same lod.
    - now do the other lods out of your new buildings first or third lod.
    - dont forget to check results regulary in cxl viewer.. you dont want to do everything just to notice everything is messed up in the end :LOL:

must be an hidden information about lod-naming somewhere inside 3ds max files.. (thinking about that, maybe it helps to choose another file ending (like fbx)..) but actually thats just wild guessing

5. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Start to make a Lod 2 and 1 from working lod 3. It's a pity for all that wasted time while i was doing a lod 2 from other object(((
    but anyway thank you for help

6. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

Found solution of this problem. It is need to obtain a texture from a material ball of the same lod to copied element from other lod and that element became visible.

Mr.X² likes this.
  7. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

You guys amaze me, I don't think most of us truly understand the amount of time you guys spend or the frustration figuring out these little bugs.
    Thanks for all the hard work

8. Immort_al

Immort_al Governor

The laziness is engine of progress))) It was founded accidentally)))