1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

CJ Amanpour

N.U.R.s' Western Diamond

1. Inan

Inan Governor

My personal ranking of my CJs also does not match the ranking on XLN, it shows that it is all a matter of taste... This is a good thing :)

2. Abandon Ship

Abandon Ship Skilled Worker

My reaction to this city journal can be summed up in one word: DANG!

First, the statistics you presented were given in such a fashion where I could have been reading an encyclopedia article. When I try to do that, it sounds so simple and erratic!

Second, your city is so beautiful and realistic! Every time I try to make naturally-flowing roads, there are always bumbs, unrealisticly-sharp turns, and things are always either too close or too spaced. Kreeqquhkeuhjfeqifnejc! That sounded strangely German when pronouncing it.

Last, your waterfronts and ports look so nice and natural. My waterfronts are always high above the water, and/or partially in the water, and full of too many grass plazas and unnatural-looking pedestrian paths.

How long did it take you to get so good at this? I've been playing Cities XL 2012/Platinum for over three years, and my cities look significantly better than when starting (mostly thanks to mods), but look nothing like this!

Inan likes this.
  3. Inan

Inan Governor

Thank you for your comment, @Abandon Ship!

My cities are all located in the same country, i tried to "connect" them with history, statistics and/or geography. I am not sure if folks are interested and reading all this, but at least some people do :)

The transition is the hardest part imo. One always have to look in birdview an check the result, when a small part of the trasition is done, and see how it has become. Maybe it has to be redone...It takes a while. Thank you for the nice words! Btw: A good german word, what is indeed a real one, is for example "Fixsakrakruzitirkn" :D

Thanks to our modders we now have lots of possibilities for passenger ports and industrial harbors. I suggest you to built the streets in the water first, just a small piece by piece. Mix some buildings of the modular harbor mod, some manufacturing buildings, power plants, hightech and stuff togehter.

I started playing CXL in 2012, i created about 20 cities, the first 6 or 7 without mods until i found this fansite :) The first cities just took me a day or 2 to finish them. Grid zoning, placing police, fire dept, schools etc. finished...
    It is all a matter of experience, you will improve with time, you will find new solutions, more possibilities and with all the mods here, you can finally be very creative. I am keen on your creations :)

Thanks for "reviewing" and watching Amanpour. If you are interested, take a look at the other cities of the "N.U.R." :)

Abandon Ship likes this.