1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

California Map Pak 1

4 city area maps from the state of California.

1. ronrn

ronrn Governor

ronrn submitted a new resource:

California Map Pak - 4 city area maps from the state of California.

Read more about this resource...

2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

The Monterey map looks good, just like the Monterey Peninsula. The other ones also look good, some good choices. Actually a flat map of the Salinas Valley doesn’t do it justice. You obviously missed the Salinas River, one of only two rivers that flow the opposite direction of all other rivers in America plus 2/3 of the water flow is below ground level. Plus there’s less than 10 m distance between the hill ranges.

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Thanks for the compliments.
    I guess my focus was on the larger city of Salinas. What area of the river would you like? I'll be glad to make a map of any specific area/areas you choose.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  4. Kurtis Edwards

You don't have Salinas at all. But that is okay; you made a map of Monterrey Bay, not Salinas. The Salinas River is also too far away from Monterrey to be in an XL map. There isn't enough space; you would have to do one or the other or change the scale. In my opinion... Monterrey Bay and the peninsula are what people around the world know. Not Salinas or the Salinas River.

5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Kurtis Edwards,
    You’re not understanding the point, I wasn’t wanting the Salinas River in the Monterey map. I was hoping ronrn would do a separate map of Salinas which would include the Salinas River. People in the know know that the Salinas Valley is the vegetable capital of the world and Salinas is the lettuce capital of the world. The most awesome agricultural area in the world!

6. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    I'm so swamped right now with stuff that I probably wouldn't get to making a Salinas city on a Salinas map. It is an interesting area though and would make a nice map of a valley surrounded by hills. It would have to be super awesome for agriculture.

7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    The only correction for the Monterey map would be beach running from the right side of the map (north) to where the bay starts to turn westward. I wanted to post a picture but I guess I’ll need to try uploading it somewhere to get a URL link.

8. Kurtis Edwards

It's okay that I missed your point. I wasn't answering you, but reaffirming Ronrn that he made the correct area for a map of Monterrey.

9. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Here's my first video of my Monterey city. I spend the first half of the video giving a tour of the Monterey Peninsula and pointing out where historical things are located. Then I show my road layout in the second half plus how I tenderized the terrain.

ronrn likes this.
  10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's my second video in the Monterey series as I begin my initial build up to 251 K in population. I show off my industrial area including an oil shipping and industrial area mod. I built the oil platform blueprint building at sea and catch a helicopter landing and taking off. I also discuss my future building plan as to where I'll build next.

ronrn likes this.
  11. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Here's my third video of Monterey. In my first segment I show a strange problem with my health service. Even with 677 K in population I'm not seeing my health service unlock for use. It works just fine on the Flat Map you made but for some strange reason it's broken in the Monterey map. I was able to use the Paradigm Satisfaction Center from the Sandbox Ploppables v4.72 mod to fix my health issue but I'm still wondering if this problem is related to the map somehow. I hope someone out there can verify if the health service works for them on the Monterey map or not.

In the second segment I show off making my first metro line, one which has a 180 degree U turn in the middle as it goes back the way it came. In the third segment I show off the beautiful Amusement Park mod from XL that now works thanks to Monty's new update to his shader fix mod for XXL. I was able to create a massive Dennis the Menace park area with many interesting amusement ride mods as well as my rendition of Lake El Estero.

ronrn likes this.
  12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    Do you know if there is a problem in this map with health services? Weird how it works fine in your Flat Map but doesn't here in this Monterey map. I'm using some XL health and civic services mods that change how the health services work but the other services aren't similarly affected. Every other service works fine except health.

13. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Maps have no influence on services at all.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  14. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    That's what I thought, must be something with the other mods. Strange that they work fine in one city but not at all in the other. All other services work fine. Oh well the joys of using mods, good thing I have a mod to fix my problem. :ROFLMAO:

By the way you sure are prolific at map making. (y) Is that your day job?

ronrn likes this.
  15. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

Torre São Rafael

Register or to view Spoiler content!

OmniusPrime likes this.
  16. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Well, let's just say I have a lot of time on my hands these days and I enjoy making maps and building cities in XXL.
    Though, I must admit that I never expected the number of request there have been for my maps.:)

OmniusPrime and kipate like this.
  17. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

ronrn,
    You sound like me, I'm self-employed and semi-retired and only work ten hours a month. I have lots of time on my hands to make cool looking cities and videos of them. :)

ronrn likes this.
  18. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Now I'm showing off my 4th video in the Monterey series. I've built up all 3 industrial areas and population is over 1.24 million. In my Monterey Magical Mod Mystery Tour I tell of how the new version of Monty's shader crash error fix file has helped to allow use of even more XL mods. I also explain how Monty and cjpavel helped me figure out how to get one old mod working that was causing frequent crashes to desktop. I deleted the mod but then restored it and renamed it to get it working so you'll want to see how I did that. I take viewers on a stunning visual trip inside one new mod building, you have to see it to believe it.

ronrn likes this.
  19. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's the next episode of Monterey. I show off several interesting port mods as well as some beautiful mod buildings with interesting construction steps. I'm filling in the city area slowly but surely as population grows to 1.66 million.

20. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's the next episode of Monterey. I fill out the city more in the interior as the population grows to 2.37 million. I show off more beautiful mods as well as my major metro expansion. I show off city statistics to show how happy Monterey citizens are and how traffic has improved thanks to the metro.

ronrn likes this.