1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.10

Cities XXL Community Patch, previously known as the UIM.

1. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

It is nothing more than a patch file, place in in your paks/mods location of the game and there you go!

XLUser likes this.
  2. XLUser

XLUser Unskilled Worker

Thank you :)

I thought that Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.05 had to run first in order to get it working as previous UIM's

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Just Subscribe to the Cities Xxl Community Mod 2.05 in the Steam Workshop. Steam will automatically download that Steam version to your mods folder.

the "XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack"
    & the "tree bug fix" are also "dependency mods" for XXl and available in the workshop.

4. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Or just unsubscribe from everything and download from here what you want...

5. XLUser

XLUser Unskilled Worker

thank you everybody for your help and reply :)

I bought XXL CD version from amazon.uk

From what I understand I just need to download (save) the Cities Xxl Community Mod, then place it in my paks/mods location of the game .... and then I'll be able to download the various building mods Cities XXL .... would that be correct ?
    (no need to run it like previous UIM's ... as I understand).

I will also need to download "XL Nation Furniture Dependency Pack" & the "tree bug fix" since they are also "dependency mods" for XXl

6. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

1. Correct.
    2. Correct.
    Every mod has it's own dependency (although some don't require any of them) so just read the description of the mod to find out what they need.

7. XLUser

XLUser Unskilled Worker

Thank you :) thank you very much for replying to the 2 questions.

Everybody has been very helpful.

8. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Lucky you....K. :cry: I wasn't aware that there is a non steam version of CXXL.

9. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

There is no non-steam version. BUT you don't HAVE TO get mods from the Steam Workshop....

10. ronrn

ronrn Governor

BUT :sleep: my point earlier in this thread was that you 'do' have to get the Community mod from steam. Steam will not allow the game to start until steam has automatically subscribed(installed) you to it's workshop version. This is due to the last patch from the developers. Then, and only then, can you replace it with the community mod from here at XXL Nation resources.

At least this was my case, and the case of some others at the steam forums, though I'm sure this did not happen to everyone. Why it happened is not really my point.

Just thought I would post an easy "fix" for those that did have this issue. One of the developers at steam had posted a rather lengthy and complicated "fix" that did not seem to work for anyone.

note: I am the last person that would expect to "promote" using anything from Steam.

With all that said, let's build some cities =).

11. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Patch #4 release notes (19/03/2015):
    "At the game launch, it can detect the missing dependencies. If so, the game will inform you that it will quit and will subscribe automatically for you the missing mods. "

12. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Don't know about that... I unsubscribed from EVERYTHING on steam and downloaded from here. It doesn't try to download anything by itself...
    I think that it detects if you have a mod from Steam but not the dependencies it requires...

13. Kurtis Edwards

I have had that happen to me too. It could also be a Steam server issue, try changing your sever location on steam settings. Do what Gbojanic said too... it's what I did and haven't had that problem again.

14. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

silver_medal4.png 2nd Place Winner, February 2015 Mod of the Month

15. saul_city

saul_city Unskilled Worker

Doesn't work in my cities XXL :(

16. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Vagabond

I just bought the Cities XXL, one week ago, I installed it and it works fine beside the fact even when my first city reaches 65000 people I still not have access to the highway system.
    I install the Cities XXL Community Mod, it looks like nothing happened. Do I need to install the Cities XXl patches first? How to do so? I can't any links to download the patches. Note that I have been using XL Ciites (2009, 2011 and 2012) for some time and still have CXL 2012 on my computer.

17. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

You might need expert mode ticked

18. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Be sure to put the CM mod in the right paks folder, since you have both games on your computer.

XXL paks folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL
    xl platinum paks folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XL Platinum

19. Coseley_Wench

Coseley_Wench Vagabond

I am going quietly crazy here. So basic question: Is there any indication - like a splash screen, or icon - that shows the Community mod is actually installed?
    There are so many variations of cheat options I might, or might not, have to turn on, I am no longer sure what the heck is going on.

I don't expect perfection when a game upgrades; things take time to fall into place, but I really must stop chewing my fingernails and gibbering.

Very confused, of Coseley.

20. ronrn

ronrn Governor

no bells or whistles to indicate that the Community mod is installed. not sure but I think its purpose is to take care of some technical stuff involved with all the other mods.

cheat menu...unlock all buildings & add money