1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Cities Xxl Gameplay Videos

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Fisher92, Feb 5, 2015.

1. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Good question. I guess you do actually own the game, but you don't have a copy of it like I do with 2012 which I bought from FHI. It's all on the steam servers. I'd say if they did happen to go bankrupt they would have to allow you to download a digital copy or provide codes to another online store. TBH I can't see them going bankrupt anytime soon.

I got it for free because I was a beta tester. Also, if you look in the credits it has all those who took part. We are all famous and shit now. :ROFLMAO:

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah I got a bit of a buzz from seeing my name scroll up the screen.

3. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Rub it in. LOL! You lucky dogs. Enjoy the game.

Look forward to seeing your mods in XXL:)

The Funky Monk likes this.
  4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Luckily the custom maps work fine so all the ones here will work on XXL. Pretty much makes the map section in the new XXL resource area redundant.

5. CraCkeR JaCk

CraCkeR JaCk Elite

Nice to see some positive feedback about CXXL from people that matter..... :beer: now another drink, the good stuff this time.

Stevo likes this.
  6. FerroSulaco

FerroSulaco Unskilled Worker

GAAAAWWWD! Work is draggin on! I can't wait to get home and take this for a drive!

The Funky Monk likes this.
  7. Spock

Spock Executive

to many BS review on steam. what is great then multicore support and the possibility to use existing mods?
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

kipate, hunkske and Rene like this.
  8. PlayTime

PlayTime Unskilled Worker

Hey guys I've Ben reading and as I guessed the game is awsome! I preordered it and is ready to download just not at home at the moment can't wait to install it and play it ! And more knowing the mods are working with the new patch ahhh can't wait to go home and play!

FerroSulaco likes this.
  9. hunkske

hunkske Vagabond

I played it yesterday for little while, and it does seem to run a whole lot smoother! Couldn't play more since I didn't have a lot of time yesterday. There seem to be a couple of new buildings/parks/etc.. The atmospheric display is a nice addition, it sure is static, but it is fun to actually see clouds in the sky ingame, not photoshopped.. As said, it's just static so don't expect rain :) So yep, in many ways it is the same game (but anyone who expected differently, well... say no more) but they seem to have made good adjustments in order to make it a stable game and have added some additions. I'm not going to go into the whole debate whether or not the price is justified, or it should have been free, etc. It don't lead anywhere and it is what it is. For me, being able to play and build my city without crashing half the time is priceless, so for now I'm a happy bunny :kittyroll:
    And as with the previous versions, we needs mods! and there are already quite some available.. and from what I've gathered so far, a lot of existing mods should be compatible, if you install the proper prerequisites... so it can only get better!! :b2:

10. hunkske

hunkske Vagabond

ah ah love it!

11. FerroSulaco

FerroSulaco Unskilled Worker

We should put a list together of mods which are working with XXL. I know all my maps are working as well as kiwimoneybanklite;) nationaltheatre, oneboulderplaza not sure what else but I'll let you know =]

12. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

What's it like with a city of 2 million? Someone on steam said the omnicorp slider bug that gives you large amounts of cash is still there, is this true? I'm thinking of getting a dvd copy when it releases on the 12th here. Will the new ui mod be available on here? I'm not interested in steam.

MuxLee and kipate like this.
  13. Rene

Rene Executive

There are just so many 'mods'... FerroSulaco

FerroSulaco likes this.
  14. bobqwerty

bobqwerty Executive

500.000 sims video. There're other videos showing the performance with a given pop in his channel.

15. Denza

Denza Unskilled Worker

Im subscribing auriga's channel.. Here is his 1st video about cities xxl

16. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Sorry. I guess I should put my gameplay videos here instead of in the thread I started a while ago.

What do you think of this?

--Ocram

17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I haven't reached that high yet but I assume it should be fine.
    Also there is no none steam, even with DVD you still need to registry with Steam. Apparently they went down this track to keep the game easily updated. They also say a new small fix will be released this week sometime.

18. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

I think the Community Mod should stay steam only. It might stop tightwads pirating the game. At least they wouldn't be able to use any mods.

skullz613 likes this.
  19. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

not sure what that has to-do with xxl videos but yeah :) to much meds?

skullz613 likes this.
  20. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Not enough. :b25:

gbojanic and skullz613 like this.