1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex24, Dec 11, 2014.

1. george brown

george brown Unskilled Worker

If we had trains cargo and passenger, fix the game issues people would come back not just add buildings, modders could do that like the great Monty and others. (Not sucking up Monty). Iv'e been playing Cities XL since 2009 when it came out, its the modders who keep me coming back.

paramedic2828

2. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a teaser trailer, not a full reveal trailer.

You people whine to much. Since the game came out we have wanted the major bugs fixed. They are doing that and all you want is more more more.

" Oh, if it doesn't have rail I won't be getting it". Cut it out.

CXL with major bugs fixed is just fine. Being able to build a huge city without lag after two hours is fantastic.

Petiertje likes this.
  3. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

well, releasing a game without bugs should be standard, not the exception ;)
    and sorry, but having a rail for a city-building game is a must have... hm, there might be cities in real life without rail, but i myself dont know one single and mayor city without (jep, im from europe :p )

4. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

It's not really FHI's fault that Monte Cristo sucked though. Atleast they are fixing these major problems. TBH, I'm surprised people have stuck with it for so long, it's terribly frustrating with the lag.

And yeah, I don't know any cities that don't have above ground rail. Paris and NY have subway/metro, not sure about AGR. Probably do in the burbs.

Hopefully rail is a dlc at a later date.

5. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Have you tried the Globalsettings.cfg changes:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Cities_XL_Platinum

I also found some other changes on the citiesxl forum, but I can't find the link...it's still up, I know that. I noticed performance with the highest graphics settings on went WAAAY better.

6. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah I did that ages ago. Only delays the inevitable.

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Practically everything I've read here so far is speculation and wishful thinking. One can't extrapolate much from a brief and somewhat mediocre trailer. Let's wait and see when the product comes to market. However, here is what I do have.

Cities XL 2011 (not platinum) since it came out and it has worked well for me despite a few minor annoyances, some of which have been fixed.

Beautiful cities that I've been working on and updating since November 2011.

A vast collection of beautiful buildings, props, landscapes and ploppables produced by, not Monte Cristo or FHI, but by XLNation modders....and they all work very well because I thoroughly tested them. Approxiametly 65% of items in my cities have been replaced with XLN mods. So far, I have not seen better mods elsewhere.

Tweaks to make city building easier.

A vast collection of first class maps (provided by you know who).

A vast functioning transportation system – cool vehicles, planes, cruise ships etc. and a metro system that runs on land, above cities and underground. If you're really into trains, try TrainZ.

With regards to lag, I did experience a bit at first with my GeForce 210 card. However, my cities were medium sized. I saved my pennies for a whole year and last summer I purchased a gaming computer with a GeForce GTX 760. If you want to see speed and CitiesXL in all its glory, get a decent gaming computer and card.

XLN modders made this game a success.

If FHI monitors this website, this is a warning to you. XXL better be superior. What I have now will be a very hard act to follow. Two things I do wish for... (1) that I will be able to use all my XLN mods and current cities (2) that XXL will be successful. If it goes either way, I will be a winner.:)

BTW. Funky, what happened to you? You used to be a clean cut ape with a nice sports car and 2 nice chicks.:p

8. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, I am pretty sure that the developers were pushed by the salesmen of FHI,
    as they wanted the game probably being released even before Christmas,
    to have some extra income effects. In that case, they got a good week left :LOL:
    I could imagine that they just could not
    implement the train as good as they wanted, though.
    Sounds speculative, yeah...

9. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Hahaha, I remember that pic. I've gone retro man.

10. Pekka_Laurila

Pekka_Laurila Skilled Worker

I dont see any difference between cities xl and cities xxl

11. zizaro

zizaro Unskilled Worker

I'm so happy with multi-core support, that's really great! What about existing xln mods, it will be possible to keep them installed on cities xxl???

12. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yeah multi-core support is huge bonus to this game, plus many other bug fixes.
    as for the trailer game music that is a different story lol. sound like 1980's old game music really.
    Looks like they will be adding more buildings as well. cool.
    I like the new sky variations. No more photo shopping them. I've heard mods will be supported.

13. heitaoa

heitaoa Executive

Not bad,:LOL:
    1.multi-core support
    2.beautification of sky,whether it is day or night

14. Mrvoltura

Mrvoltura Vagabond

cities skyline devs are notorious for being dlc prone and their track record is skewed,but fhi never seems to improve their game and lacks innovation and the worse is that they are french

15. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow, that was a little harsh and mean-spirited.

16. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

I appreciate.

Simcity fiasco is probably caused by French people.

17. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Wow, that was really harsh and not true towards French people,
    don't you know there is a huge amount of French people over here in XLN?
    You're simply being harsh to a large percentage of players over here in XLN.

Anyways, I agree with what Peter, Monty and Funky Monk said regarding this.
    More can be done but people should stop whining as if graphics are the only changes to happen in this game.
    We have multi-core support, improved performance regarding lag, skybox, and few more new features.
    Besides, this game is still in development so we have to see when it will release.

Supersnake likes this.
  18. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

Yeah. Wait and see. Stop whining and French bashing. Usually it's the French who whine.

:-D

19. sahoo42

sahoo42 Vagabond

I say - fix the bugs (=memory lag), give us multi-threading support and the rest keep as it is and I'm a happy customer. There is no such game, that would keep me entertained for so long, despite the fact that I had to actually buy 3 different ones (2012, 2013, XL).

What the game makes what it is is not FHI - it's you guys over here at XLN. You gave it completely new level and overcame the limits of the original design. A huge thanks for that, without you, it would be dead by now.

Just BTW - anyone noticed "the new stream-lined UI" in the vid description? Wondering what that actually means.

gbojanic and Inan like this.
  20. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

A new UI perhaps? Interesting... ;)

gbojanic likes this.