1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex24, Dec 11, 2014.

1. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Having multicore support and no memory leak issue is more than enough for me. That is the number one thing what we were asking for all this time. Now that we will finally, after all these years, have it, it seems that it's not enough for most people. That's just.... I don't know the word for it, I guess hypocrite....

Pamascus27 and Inan like this.
  2. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, guess people will always have high expectations.
    They should go like I do and stop expecting anything :D
    But you have to take into account that there is another upcoming
    Simulator that has e.g. a train feature.
    And it has always been a well-known wish by the people to have
    trains, too, I mean, people from FHI should just have had shown
    up here once every month within the past, they would have seen
    new wishes for trains... a lots of...

3. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Yes you are correct. But we really don't how much time and money they had to invest to make the game multicore and fix the memory leak. That is a crucial thing they had to fix. Perhaps they blown the budget on fixing that. Without that fix, trains would be just another add on to a broken game.

kipate and Inan like this.
  4. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

of course i agree with you about that
    but on the other hand, like i said before: it should be normal to release a game without bugs (especially when there already are 3!! versions of a game). a game without bugs shouldnt be the exception. unfortunatly this is becoming normal. (i dont talk about multi-core support when saying that)

5. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Yeah, it's unfortunatly become a norm to release broken games, a lot of broken games in the last few years.
    But it's a real fricking miracle this game even exist anymore. The original developers, as you probably know, went bankrupt before polishing/finishing the game. Anything that was made after that (from 2011 to Platinum) was basically a mess. Trying to finish/improve the game without all the people (the team) that started it is not an easy thing to do.
    So the fact that they are still giving this game a chance is really really nice. Perhaps at some point, specially if it sells well at first, there will be a DLC with trains and who knows what else...

The Funky Monk likes this.
  6. darthreun

darthreun Unskilled Worker

here is the texte that describe the "new" content...

The world’s largest city builder is back!

The Cities XL franchise returns with Cities XXL: a bigger, better city builder pushing the city limits to the edge of your imagination, as seen in the stunning world reveal trailer. Running on a vastly improved game engine, Cities XXL offers classic and extended city-building content, including over 1000+ buildings, 70+ maps including new landscapes and environments, and ecological features making CitiesXXL the ‘greenest’ Cities XL game yet.

Discover in the first Cities XXL video the sprawling cityscapes and city-life in action, to get a sense of the scale and grandeur of the game:

As you’ll see in the video, CitiesXXL lets you design and build a sprawling metropolis across many different landscapes and maps, with varying available resources – from oil to fertile farm land – to keep the denizens of your city content. Featuring four classes of citizens spanning four densities of housing, you’ll watch as your cosmopolitan paradise grows from a quiet suburban town to huge economic powerhouse.

With varying road-sizes, including curved roads, bridges, and tunnels unlocked from the start, you’ll be able to plan the entrance to your city and its layout before you start plotting its city-scape. As it grows, take advantage of a unique richly detailed street-level view, and meet the citizens as they drive to work, ski, play basketball, or even parachute of the top of towers in unprecedented detail for the genre.

CitiesXXL features low-level city management mechanics, such as local air and noise pollution levels illustrated with the new stream-lined UI, and beauty hot-spots suitable for holiday locations to supplement cash-flow.
    At citizen management level, you’ll be able to track a person’s route to work in order to best manage transport from sea, underground and over-ground rail, or air. Cut-down on traffic queues with the park and ride and busses, or even bike hire – reducing that carbon footprint!

Now with Steam Workshop support and streamlined modding, it has never been easier and quicker to share and download user-created content for a Cities XL game. With Cities XXL, you’ll be able to use widely available free tools online to create your content and upload it to the Steam Workshop, for all players to download it right through Steam!

To find out why Cities XXL helps you to build a bigger, better world, see the feature break-down below:

- Over 70 huge maps across multiple terrains and landscapes, from the tropics to the mountains and all in between.

- Region specific roads to match your country: French, English, German, etc.

- Over 1000 buildings, many with civilian activity animations to enjoy at street level

- Greener options for the environment conscious, such as the park and ride, bike hire, and ability to upgrade industrial buildings to reduce emissions

- Unprecedented detail for the city builder genre, with multiple sky-boxes to choose from and a dynamic time-of-day

- Steam Workshop support to easily create, share and download new content

7. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Regarding the French, I tried their Mediterranean diet 6 months ago. I lost 20 lbs. Vive la difference!!!:D

8. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

I do hope those of us that DO NOT use STEAM will still be able to a) get the game and b) install mods

9. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

Hey, Darthreun. If what you write is all true, I will probably spend more time playing the game.....and re-gain the 20 lbs. that I lost. :)

10. JStarr31

JStarr31 Vagabond

This along with multi-core and more maps.... All is forgiven FocusHome.... All is forgiven.

But if they updated traffic flow, actual simulation (at least a little bit) and dilapidation... This could be god-like

11. Mrvoltura

Mrvoltura Vagabond

they just need to spend less time on strike or having paid holiday and more time working on the game,or does the labor law there prevent that?

Antaryjczyk likes this.
  12. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

What's wrong with steam? I use steam and don't have any problems. I'd rather not have it running all the time, but I've found ways to minimize it's background existence to almost nothing.

13. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

Nothing wrong with Steam, just not everyone uses it. It would be silly of them to release it as Steam only as then some people might not get it.

14. Artmaster

Artmaster Executive

Oh, yes I agree Steam shouldn't get to monopolize the gaming industry.

15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

I guessing there will be optional versions, steam may be good for a steam workshop if what @ darthreun posted is true, what is your source of this info @darthreun interesting.

16. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Hmm an updated UI? Sounds interesting...;)
    Oh and its a really neat feature to have multiple sky-boxes to choose from
    now that I know about it.

17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yep they already said multi skylline options cool

18. Monty

Monty Governor

Is that you, year 1850? :ROFLMAO:

I'm afraid the western world has labor laws in tune with the Human Rights Bill. Such a shame, right? ;)

Rene and kipate like this.
  19. Mrvoltura

Mrvoltura Vagabond

well im not specifically talking about the western world,rather perhaps,the country fhi and monte cristo is based on,which can warrant some ruffled feathers if i mention it

20. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

You mean France? France is part of the western world. And you can mention France, but if you want the many French(and everyone else) that are on here to tear you a new one, continue being narrow minded

Supersnake likes this.