1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex24, Dec 11, 2014.

1. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ha and back on topic. about Cities XXL would be nice.

gbojanic likes this.
  2. gbojanic

gbojanic Governor

Exactly! This is not the site for those kind of discussions...

3. Mrvoltura

Mrvoltura Vagabond

of course,they can voice whatever they want,but hey atleast we're familiar on why the invested so bloody little time in these game and i'll continue to entertain those adamant voices

4. Supersnake

Supersnake Mayor

@ Mrvoltura

13 hours at work by day for me, man. There are lazy people everywhere, even in France.

5. Mrvoltura

Mrvoltura Vagabond

hope you're doing fine mate,well we can't ignore that cities xl have been a cash cow for fhi and we haven't seen much innovation in a long while,and i'm going pessimistic on cities skyline too,since paradox is such a dlc-happy company but their promises about modding support lift off some load on me

6. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Enough with the off topic. Any more posts about that will be deleted.

7. XSwiftX

XSwiftX Vagabond

Sadly what I see most often with simulation type games lately is you pay for the game, and then pay for dlc at quite often exorbitant prices ie:$20-40 range. If it is a huge game changing addon/mod that really contributes to the game then that is one thing. Most often it is way over priced for what you get. Same principle as what has been done with cities xl....milking the cash cow.

8. darthreun

darthreun Unskilled Worker

i took the text from the youtube channel from the teaser ;)

9. Spock

Spock Executive

like platinum all over again, this should be an update not a new game :rolleyes:
    but cant tell much from a teaser

10. Mets

Mets Skilled Worker

I agree that this is all I need to be happy. I don't care about extra content, we've got XLN for that and we do it better than FHI.

What angers me is that I should be expected to pay for another "version" of the game. I bought all of the previous versions. Is it too much to ask for a free game patch so I can fix the bugs? Instead they are going to ask me to pay another 30 or 40 dollars for a game that is barely more than a bug fix. And I will buy it anyway because I love using CXL as a tool to create cities with but I will feel cheated because I already bought the game last year, and the year before that. /rant

Anyway, I am still happy to hear about the bug fixes.

11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Unfortunately nothing is for free these days when it's business related. I'm sure this time we may see some significant changes. Also Thank god for the community without them this game would be long gone.

12. kipate

kipate Governor

Also, thank you nicko2u, for uploading all your wonderful mods to the XLEX :) :D

13. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

You are basically paying for a license to use....and there will always be bugs (go outside at anytime of the year. They're in your computer. They're even in your bed!). Computers, cars, appliances, you name it, get buggered up. Bugs are a fact of life....and we have to pay to get rid of them.:(

I partially agree with nicko2u. Yes, "nothing is free these days", FORTUNATELY. How many of you out there will work for nothing? Child labourers, refugees and other unfortunates perhaps. FHI or any other business has to make a profit....to pay employees and to pay overheads. Everyone has to make a living. Be glad and
    appreciate that you have XLNation.

Cities XXL won't be available until 2015. Let's wait and give FHI a chance and see what the final product will be. :)

:suckers:
    Bugs, bugs & more bugs!

14. JMCD

JMCD Vagabond

Sorry but games should come in fully functional conditions. There used to be a time when game developers cared about their product and released patches to fix things well after release. Think of it like a warranty but for a game. To anyone who purchased Cities XL (of any version), you deserve to be able to buy the new game like DLC. I won't be paying full sticker price for this game - no way. This company has rehashed the same game multiple times and charged more for it. If you're willing to accept the notion that games being buggy is fine and we should pay to have that fix, fine. You go ahead and encourage that from companies. This is why pre-orders and the like are only increasing the amount of buggy games released.

Vote with your wallets people.

15. The Funky Monk

The Funky Monk Moderator
    Staff Member

FHI didn't make the game. When they purchased the right to the game there was little they could do. They are a publisher. For this new game they have had to outsource to get it fixed.

If they made a completely new game with a new engine then mods and existing building would be useless. Graphics wise the game is fine, so there is really no need to make them better. Performance wise if it's multicore and memory leaks are fixed the game is going to be smooth as.

16. JMCD

JMCD Vagabond

While I agree there isn't much they can do about it as a Publisher, the game should still be priced accordingly. They actually did do this at one point on steam - if you owned XL 11 you could buy XL 12 for 80% off. They added some new content, but it is certainly more like a DLC if you already owned the previous version of the game.

Here's the thing, to my knowledge I don't see how they can be introducing true multi-core support without a new engine. I mean, they could rework the current one but it'd be a waste of time as they could write a new one much quicker. I'll believe performance gains when I see them, for now all I see is typical PR hype. Another game I play has promised "multi-core support" for years and is due out soon. Turns out they've moved the audio engine to other cores and client side physics while the main render engine is still single threaded. It's a gimmick, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we see the same.

17. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

blah blah @JMCD you just seem to speculate on your bad knowledge?

18. JMCD

JMCD Vagabond

Of course I'm going to speculate, there are no for sure things. I'm merely offering my opinion. Until the game is released we won't know how it'll run. All I'm saying is it would be pretty unusual for a company to use the same engine but somehow rewrite the entire thing for multi-core support. This company has done the pseudo annual cash grab, so sue me if I don't trust them.

19. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

From what I have seen there is nothing to make me think there is anything new in terms of gameplay so I don't think complete rewrite has been done. The new features they are pushing are not in the video , probably because they don't work yet. a few optimisation tweaks similar to what JMCD suggested is the most they will deliver.It will be interesting to see the perfmon benchmarks for this version and previous
    versions.

The marketing text for xxl reads the same as 2012 plat LOL
    I will not be paying full price for same game leave that to the people with more money than sense.

20. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Skilled Worker

@JMCD & MuxLee

Nothing worse than spending your hard earned money and getting screwed. I sympathize with both of you and you have every reason to be sceptical. I'm a sceptic myself btw. I'm also a realist. I can't make a well informed judgement based on a brief teaser trailer. We can speculate, gripe and grumble and bash FHI to death in this thread, but we won't know for sure until we see the final product.

One thing I know for sure from several years first hand experience. The proof of Cities XL's success is right here....starring at your face. It's XL Nation. We, the modders, testers, administrators, moderators, respondents and even those who bitch and complain(lol) made this game a success.

I'm not going to regurgitate the history of the demise of Monte Cristo and FHI's purchase of the game. Most of us know it. FHI inherited a broken game that wasn't fixable overnight. However, FHI does deserve a first real chance. So let's be patient and see what happens.:)

BTW If you enjoy games, you'll need the right tools. So save your money and purchase or build a powerful gaming computer. A regular home computer doesn't hack it. Believe me, you will notice a big difference!:)