1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities Xxl Teaser Trailer

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex24, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

It's a gamble for FHI to know how much to invest in improving this game verses how much return they'll get. I wish City Builders were more popular.

2. Kalrisian

Kalrisian Executive

Sales start in Germany in (Amazon.de) 16.02.2015 :)

3. Mouse

Mouse Skilled Worker

Excuse my ignorance on the matter, but has FHI confirmed if there will be bigger city sizes?

4. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

Not that I'm aware of. They have said the game is a bigger and better city builder. But that doesn't necessarily mean the maps are bigger.

5. Mouse

Mouse Skilled Worker

Well I definitely hope they do allow bigger city sizes if possible. We'd be able to create and recreate entire regions and metro areas along with the surrounding countrysides. Imagine a map that's four times the size of the current size... You'd be able to fit a large city and a mountainous backdrop into the same map. Yes, this is wishful thinking, but it'd be incredible.

6. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

Yep Icy also noticed in Twitter stating the same thing. And in CitiesXL's twitter page it says it will release on early 2015
    like the date mentioned.

7. barrakoda

barrakoda Unskilled Worker

Anyone see anything regarding official highways? The RHM was exquisite and a must-have mod for CXL, but I'd have liked to see it incorporated into the game itself (including traffic going across connector pieces!). Performance was always kind of meh after an hour, but the traffic issues in the game continue to be my biggest turn off.

8. Rene

Rene Executive

I'm a bit skeptical about CXXL

A) either they have plans layed out and they're going forward without first

b) seeing Skylines released and perhaps rehashing some ideas

I dunno..

Judging by the lack of images of the new new in CXXL, CXXL must be in very alpha stage at the moment.

9. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

If the posts above are true, it will be released in six weeks.
    I'm not expecting a huge amount of new features. I'm imagining a CXL Platinum revamped with bug fixes and a few new features.
    When FHI are asked on social media about the game engine, they only say it's vastly improved, not a new engine. As long as it works i don't care either way.
    The new streamlined UI sounds exciting. I think this will be the biggest feature.
    The green options like park and ride plus the clean industry options sound good.
    Four densities of Residential sounds interesting. Not sure what the fourth level will be. Maybe supertalls? I'm expecting two levels of medium density though.
    Maybe a few other fixes that didn't work in Platinum, like being able to add on to metro lines and other polishing.
    I'll be happy with that.
    Hopefully there is more big news and features, but I'm not getting my hopes up either.

10. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

they have added a few more screenshots to the facebook page

11. Rene

Rene Executive

Oh yes it seems, from the ski gem. The ski gem actually works, it has minor bugs but it's 100% playable by unlocker 5 version. But to play it now one needs to install CXL2011/2012/Platinum and NOT UIM, so that one gets to the menu.

With UIM takes no much fron Unlocker series, I wonder why not SKI GEM, seriously, it's nice if FHI fixes ski gem but it's probably the same than in Unlocker, one feature removed to avoid crash, and no it doesn't crash anymore.

C'mon FHI bring us something better, show us RAIL.

I'm certainly gonna postpone my gem beach resort release to see what if FHI has done something for it. BEach gem is half coded... unlike SKI GEM.

12. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

blah blah rene I think they know what they doing!- maybe lol :) If they have brains they can easily download nice mods and unpack them to see stuff. just like we do.

Rene and The Funky Monk like this.
  13. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

We will soon find out how much brains they got.....

there should be press previews soon

Rene likes this.
  14. LEXTACY

LEXTACY Executive

I just had to come here and say
    :angel:
    :)
    :cool:
    :eek:
    o_O
    :bored:
    :sneaky:
    :giggle:

..........................THIS IS A SURPRISE.

So I was watching youtube and came across that trailer. Cities extra extra large. I can only pray to god!!

kipate likes this.
  15. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Haven't these gem ski/beach mods already been released like 2 years ago Rene? I think Altiris did one

16. Rene

Rene Executive

no.

17. Rene

Rene Executive

Marina leisure is coming. I hope they fix beach water leisure too :D I do like the clouds and he rainbows,, unless those are concept art...

18. Rene

Rene Executive

ss_21750e25fcc9fd05faadef32863d9f71bc85f6f5.1920x1080.jpg